Chapter 2

"Hey babe",Karla located in the middle of the living room as I placed my keys into the bowel.

"Ummmm...hi? Why are you doing Yoga in the middle of the living room?"

"Because the bed room is too small—",standing to her feet she threw her dreads over her shoulder with a flick.

"Yoga classes?"

"Oh! Yeah they raised the renewal fee, so I'll be doing yoga at home! Isn't that great!",her strained smile reached her irritated expression.

That smile still scares me, even to this day.

"Oh... well why not try out the pride yoga cla—",I started.

"Don't say it! Believe me that is a company that isn't doing it for LGBQT+ benefit—instead it's corporate hunger"

"Corporate hunger? It's ran by a 40 year old gay couple: nothing corporate about that!"

"Sure, Alex! Sure"

Turning her back towards me as she went back into some flexible position—not sure what the name is but I knew it would pop my old bones.
Secretly I'm 50 years old and damn sure of it.

"As much as I would love to argue about everything. I really need a favor baby",Karla moaned.

"What is it?"

"I need four hundred dollars—"
$400!? That's my whole check from the bookstore!

Let me make myself clear,Karla:

I. AM.BROKE.

And so are you so why?!!!

I work two jobs and I know that I tend to over work but naturally I need money to pay of my college debt and pay the bills.

"Why?"

"My mo—"

" Karla I love you and goodnight",kissing her on the forehead to end the conversation and walked to the bathroom to take a shower.

"Alex..."

"Tomorrow I'll be working overtime at the bookstore again instead of at TechNo. So I'll be home late"

No response.

Sometimes I have to just calculate how many years I've known to express my dislike of Karla's mother. Her hate towards me was immediate because of my sexuality...being a bisexual black woman who dearly loves her lesbian daughter isn't her ideal partnership.

Why is sexuality a problem!!!

I'm literally in love! And so is she!

"Oh...okay"

————

"As much as I love you, Alex. I don't like Karla. It's been two years of a relationship and yet she knows you were going to say no. Besides how long before she gets a job?"

Karla's been without a job for about two months, but she'll get one soon. After Rose's filed for bankruptcy and closed all of their stores. It's been hard for her to find a new job but she'll get one.

"Stacy seriously there's nothing wrong with our relationship. You don't know Karla like I do",I shrugged.

My eyes looked amongst the apartment just as Baby Alex came running out of his room. "What i do know is that, Alex doesn't like her. Meaning somethings off. Isn't that right Alex?"

My best friend asked my god son who nodded as he crawled into my lap. Causing my back to sink further into he plush as the 4 year old laid his head on my chest.

"Okay so you're saying she's a gold digger?"

"It isn't like she doesn't have a past of being a sugar baby for old men and women—"

"We both were, Stacy!"

Her eyes raked over my body and spoke,"you didn't sleep with everything with a little change. She on the other hand like any other person can magically wanna suck dick for rent money! Zandria think about it! You work your ass off and constantly pay bills, buy food, and even put money in her hands! In her grimy ass hands..."

"Bring it down a notch. That's still my girlfriend"

"Girlfriend—gold digger! Same thing!",rocking the four year old in my arms as his mother went on a rampage of tearing my girlfriend's reputation apart.

"She asked. There's nothing wrong with asking—",my phone vibrated.

Reaching for my phone I grabbed it and looked to see a notification from my bank.

You have withdrawn $300 dollars from your account= successful

My mouth dropped confused and wowed at the sudden withdrawal.

"Grab Alex. I have something to take care of—"

"Give me this...",Stacy yanked my phone easily out of my hand and read the message.

"Wait...What? But you're here—damn Alex. That's about the amount I got for bail money if you just want to..."

"I'm fine. I'm fine. I didn't need that money for a payment or anybodies birthday...",standing to my feet while holding tightly onto Alex.

"Give me Alex before you squeeze him to death"

Taking Alex out of my arms, I squared my shoulder, lifted my head up,"I'll be damned if I get fucking robbed by a bitch I claim"