c h a p t e r 3

"How do you like the school so far?" Luke asked me. "Fine, thanks." I say softly.

"Did you miss your last school?" Kyle added. "Umm i'll say no." I said, awkwardly. "Wow. You're honest though." Said Kyle. Believe me, Kyle, my last school are the worst!

Suddenly, a boy appears out of nowhere to our table. "Hey guys. Sorry i'm late." I heard a voice. I look up from my food and see the face of a boy. Then, I realize that he is a boy I saw him shirtless through my window.

I choke on my drink. "Are you okay, Josephine?" Debbie pat my back lightly. I nod. "Yeah. I'm fine."

"Who's this?" A boy asks. Eek!

"Chase, this is Josephine Hazel. She's just moved from New York." Debbie introduced me to him.

"Her mom is a fashion editor."

"And her dad is a CEO."

"It's nice to meet you, Josephine. I'm Chase Will." He give me a smile, showing his white teeth. He has black curly hair that falls on his forehead and also has brown eyes. He look like a prince charming. I shook my hand in his.

"It's...it's nice to meet you too, Chase." And there's an awkward smile on my face, again. I knew that his gorgeous face does making me melting. Ugh what are you thinking, Josephine?

I shook my head. Pushing my thoughts away as we both pull our hands. I heard Chase chuckled lightly.

"You're cute." Chase said to me. My face...turns red all of a sudden. So I look on my food to cover my red face.

"Okay, that's enough, Chase." Debbie push his face. "Excuse me, boys. But me and Josephine have a class." Debbie added. "Chill Deb. It's still early." Jordan groan.

She ignore him, she pull my hand as we walk out from the cafeteria.

"They have to control their attitude." Debbie said, hook her arms on mine. "Calm down, Debbie. Can I ask you, Debbie?" I asked her. "Sure!"

"Umm are you...err friends with them?" I asked, shyly. "Don't be shy, Josephine. And yes. I friends with them. They're like my older brothers."

"You're really look okay with them too." She nod. "Yup. Why? You never make a friend with a boy?" She look at me. Now, I feel like a fool. I don't know what i'm going to say.

Yes, I never make a friend with a boy.

I know it's kinda weird. When I was about to answer her question, the bell rang for our next class.

"We better get going, Jo. You don't mind if I call Jo?"

"Jo sounds good to me." She put her arm around my shoulder as we both laughed.

I never met a girl like Debbie. She's pretty and kind. I don't care what fashion she's wear or what her attitude was like because that's the way she is. I think she's a friend I can trust.

* * *

After our last class, me and Debbie walk at the hallway. Suddenly, Jordan and Emmet showed up beside us. "Hey Debbie and Joseph!"

"Hey! What's up?" I give them a warm smile.

"Guess what? Avril throwing a party at her place tonight!" Jordan said. "She invite the whole school too!" Emmet added. My eyes went wide.

"You gotta be kidding me. Do we have to go?" I heard Debbie whine.

"Yes! Avril wants Chase to be there and Chase want us to be there too." Emmet explained.

Debbie huffed. "Okay, we're going."

"Wait! We? Debbie, i'm not sure about this," I hesitated say to her.

"Oh, come on, Jo, come with us! It'll be fun! Please..." Debbie begged.

I don't know how to say this to Debbie. I mean partying? Party isn't my stuff. I also doesn't know who is Avril?

"I said, i'm not sure! Plus, I don't party," I said to them as we're outside of the school.

"Just once! Just for me! Please, Jo. I need you," Debbie stood front of me and giving me a puppy eyes, pout. "For us too!" And...Jordan and Emmet give that puppy eyes too. I roll my eyes.

"Alright, alright! I'll go. Just tonight then that's it."

"Yay!!" They cheered.

"and stop give me that puppy eyes,"

"Yes, ma'am." They three salute which makes me giggle. "We'll see you girls tonight at 8!"

"We will!" Debbie and I waved at them as they walk away.

"I'm so happy and excited! What about I'll pick you tonight?" She asked me. "Sure!"

We both swap phones and exchange number. In right on time, Aunt Carol just arrived. "See you tonight, babe!"

"See ya!" I hope in the car as Aunt Carol starts driving.

"So, how's your first day of school?" She asked.

"It was great!" I respond.