Chapter 9

Scott's POV

I'd thought that Stiles shifting was the most terrifying thing I'd ever seen. I was wrong. This was a thousand times worse.

I'd come to check on if Stiles was okay. His dad had asked me to, since he couldn't leave the crime scene. When I'd walked in, Stiles and Derek were going at it. Like, no clothes, the bed was sweaty, and I think I saw a flash of Derek's junk. I wanted to vomit. Stiles saw me, and pushed Derek away. Stiles' ears was scarlet, but Derek just gave me this smug, lazy smile. I was blushing just as hard as Stiles.

"Hey, Scott." Stiles said in a high, squeaky voice, "What are you doing here?"

"Your dad wanted me to check on you." I said in the same way.

"Obviously, he's fine." Derek said coolly, "So you can leave. Like, now."

I practically sprinted out of the room.

                                                                      *    *        *      *      *

                                                                    Derek's POV

I couldn't stop laughing as I pulled on a pair of jeans.

"I hate you." he snapped.

"You can't say that wasn't at least a little funny!" I managed before bursting out laughing again.

"You're just lucky that wasn't my dad." he grumbled, "He would've shot you on the spot."

"And I would've healed, so we'd be fine."

He growled.

"Oh, hush. You're fine."

The world exploded around us. A snake-like thing came through the window, and shoved it's claws into my stomach. I collapsed, and it dragged me out. My blood poured out, and I  fell unconscious.