Part 2-Deep Pond

It seemed like an eternity waiting for the bell to give freedom.

Kassidy was one of the last ones to walk out of the building. She wanted to get out as badly as the next person, but she never enjoyed being in the crowded hallways of her "2a" school. Even though the entire high school only had about 300 students in total, Kassidy wasn't very fond of most. Which meant that the hundreds felt like thousands.

Most of the time, everybody kept their distance from her. She was fine with it though, because that meant less drama. That's how many people pass time. There was nothing for the youth to do, since it was a retirement community. There was an old movie theater that played only one movie a week, but that was it. There was one vandalized park, no coffee shop, no arcade, no bowling, no book store, and no gym.

Since most people walked everywhere, Kassidy also stayed a little longer as a precaution. Less people were around, so she didn't have to worry much about being followed or unwanted conversation. As she made her way to the wooded edge, she notices a couple of people a few blocks way. They definitely looked like high schoolers, but Kassidy didn't fret about it. She waited until their backs were turned before she entered the brush.

Once she had made it to the clearing, the pond was as beautiful as it was this morning. She trampled through the
Timeless flowers that were there for her year round.

---

Today the sun decided to hide behind clouds, what luck! With her light skin, the sun was her enemy. It's not like she was against it, the sun just had a record of killing her plants and frying her skin. Strangely enough, this specific field of dandelions seemed to be alive most of the year. As she continued to trample through the lovely flowers, she could see dock just a few yards away! "Destination reached!" Kassidy had been waiting for this moment all day!

Running straight onto the deck, she looked at her reflection and saw several fish swimming under her pale face. After sitting at the edge of the dock, she reaches down to touch the cool water against her hand. This was it, this is what her day needed. Pulling her hand back up, she watched the ripples until they start to die down. That's when she saw it, a large figure was standing right behind her.

Kassidy tried to get up and turn around as the man came closer and lifted up his arms. Two hard palms hit both of her solders, and she fell in backwards right before she could see the wide-grinned face of one of the seniors she had spotted earlier. As her back hits the water, the boy runs off laughing. Stunned, she sank for a while until she thought it was safe to come back up. It was hard to see in the water, but she tired to see what she could anyway.

Upside-down in the water, Kassidy kicked up a lot of dirt trying to swim back up. Before she had a chance to pull up to swim, she was caught by something that felt like fishing line. Kassidy kicked and tired to get yourself free, but all she did was kick up more dirt. A sharp pain proved to her that she was caught in a loose and very long fishing line, because she just got a hook stuck in her ankle.

as Kassidy kicked, it yanked at her ankle painfully. It was getting harder, and harder to hold in a breath, and the invisible line was all round her now. It became impossible to move her arms, because of the panicked movements, she realize the line has totally wrapped around her.Time is up. Letting go of the breath and sinking more to the floor in silence, not moving a muscle, Kassidy had given up.