Ruin(Joshaya)

Thank you for the votes and reviews!

Disclaimer: I own nothing!

Sorry for any spelling/grammar mistakes.

Enjoy!

Ruin

"You ready for our big night tomorrow?"

Maya smiled into the phone at the sound of the excitement in his voice, "Yeah, Lucas, I'm excited."

"It's going to be life changing."

That's when Maya felt her heart dropped at his words and the smile on her face left, "Life changing?" she asked, hoping her nervousness didn't show in her voice.

"Yeah, life changing. Our lives are going to change tomorrow and I can't wait."

Maya felt her heart start speed at his words and could hear the ruckus in the background at the arrival of his friends and his quick greet to them.

"Look the guys are here."

"It's okay," she told him wanting to get off the phone. "I'll talk to you later. Have fun with your friends tonight."

"I won't have too much fun," he promised. "I'll be thinking of you. I love you."

Maya swallowed, "You too."

She hung up her phone and let out the breath she didn't know she was holding as her mother entered into their living room.

"Hey baby girl."

"Lucas is going to propose tomorrow," Maya blurted out fast not even giving her mother proper greeting.

Katy's mouth dropped open and her eyes lit up with a huge smile on her face, "Aw baby, that's wonder-" she began, until she saw the look in her daughter's eyes and both quickly disappeared. "Is that not a good thing?"

Maya deep swallowed, shrugging. "I don't know," she admitted.

"Well if you don't know I'm going to say no. What's the problem? Are you not ready? Or is it Lucas? I thought you two were happy."

"I-hmm-we are happy-I mean," Maya answered, rubbing her forehead as her mind raced. "I think we are. I think I'm-I don't know," she stuttered, shaking her head. 

"You don't know if you're happy?"

"Lucas is a great guy," Maya stressed. "I know that."

"So, it's not Lucas? You're not ready to get marry?"

 Maya stared at her mom, taking in a deep breath, trying to calm herself down. "Mom, what if I'll never be ready to marry Lucas? Or more importantly what if I'm not meant for Lucas?" she questioned. "I've always felt Lucas loves me more than I love him," she breathed out, before flopping down on the couch and head going to her hands. "And I know that's not fair but I've always questioned our relationship but then it's Lucas. He's a really great guy. He's perfect. He's traditional when it comes to our relationship and waiting to you know?" Maya didn't know why she was blushing or embarrassed. It was just her mom after all but it was still awkward letting her mom know that she is still a virgin. "He's respectful, loyal, caring and what girl wouldn't want to be with him?"

Katy nodded, knowing Lucas was a good boy. She never had to question it. He was always a respectful gentleman but it didn't mean he was the one for his daughter. "The girl who isn't meant for him," she told her daughter, getting her daughter to look at her with wide eyes. Katy sighed, taking a seat next to her daughter. "Maya you're still really young. It's okay not to be ready to get married," she eased. "When it comes to Lucas, the only advice I can give you when it comes to love is to follow your heart, baby girl," she told her, running her hands through Maya's hair. "If he is the one, you will know. Look inside that heart of your's because I want you happy," she tried to comfort her daughter. "And you know what some people say look for signs," she chuckled getting a small smile out of Maya. "Are you sure he is proposing?"