For The Safety Of My Loved Ones

Blood pooled on the white marble floor. Feathers littered the room, some had managed to land in the pools of blood behind Sabreal. The golden highlights in the feathers and pool of blood matched the golden veins running through the smooth marble room. It was almost insulting to her that they had chosen to do this here. This temple had been built in her own honor when she was the captain of the heavenly army. Since she had fled the heavens, the temple had been left to slowly deteriorate over time. The once perfect marble had slowly begun to crack and the areas that hadn't been disturbed by this gruesome event were coated in a thick layer of dust.

"Such a shame. You were the greatest warrior among us." A deep rumbling voice calls from behind Sabreal. The angel's voice reminded her of the loud clap of thunder just after a flash of lighting. It was terrifying and beautiful at the same time. She'd probably marvel at his voice more if she hadn't just listened to it drone on and on as her wings were ripped from her back. Sabreal pants heavily as the searing pain in her back intensifies.

"And you could've stayed silent. It would've made this whole ordeal bearable." A grin crawls across her face as the raspy words leave her mouth. She glances over her shoulder to get a look at the other angel's reaction.

"Your petty insults don't affect me, Sabreal." The angel's face remains calm and expressionless. Sabreal would almost believe him if it hadn't been for the small quiver in his voice.

"Oh, I'm sure that they don't." Sabreal glances up at the ceiling from her spot on the floor. Although the slick marble is coated in dust, she can still see her reflection glaring back at her. The woman on her hands and knees looked absolutely pitiful. Disgusted in her reflection, Sabreal turns her attention to the angel behind her.

"Am I free to go then?"

" Are you even strong enough to get to your feet?"

"Aww, Mihael, I'm almost touched that you care."

The male angel scoffs as he approaches Sabreal. He wraps a strong hand around Sabreal's upper arm. He heaves her up into the air. A scream erupts from Sabreal as the movement causes the scabs covering the wound to rip. Sobs echo off the walls as the pitiful angel weeps. Mihale continues to hold Sabreal into the air. His intention had not been to injure the woman further, but to assist her to her feet.

"Why did you do this, Sabreal? You could've continued to live out your days with your demon king. None of this would've happened." Mihael shakes his head sadly. His golden hair shifts back and forth as he does so. He gazes at the weeping Sabreal with his intense, silver eyes.

"I'm not doing this because I want to, Mihael. I'm doing it to save my children." Sabreal glances up at her captor through teary eyes. She watches an expression of disgust cloud his once blank, expressionless face. She watches him put the pieces together. Her once secret pregnancy would now be the talk of the heavens.

"Demon filth." The male angel spits in Sabreals face before tossing her away. The now mortal woman sobs against a marble pillar in a pool of her own blood. She mourns the loss of her once beautiful wings. All she can feel is regret, pain, and utter despair.