Chapter 3: A few months later

After few months many wooden ships ported in Savanah and no news from London about Hudson 's family and he saw nobody from his hometown he was really sad about that, but Jacob saw few people from Leeds his hometown, he avoided talking to them, he loved to be a part of nature, he loved to walk in the forest, he was used to living in the Creek tribe, even though he couldn't speak their language well, he noticed he was welcomed by them, and he felt at home, time passed quickly, he was used to hunting with a bow and arrow every early in the morning with some creeks Indians and Dickson,sometimes they spent more than two hours in a spot waiting for the animals come, Jacob always watched the wind direction to prevent smell so the animal wouldn't flee, they hunted red deers, turkeys, and even pigeons, they salted that meat and they would have food for weeks. he wished he could tell this adventure, his new life in the forest to his grandparents in England, but they were far away, he also wished he could tell to his parents, but unfortunately, they were dead and buried somewhere in América.

One day while they were walking inside the jungle, Hudson asked him about his parents' death, but he didn't know what to answer, he was told that when he was two, his parents left Leeds and came to a tobacco field as indenture servers , but unfortunately in the last year of the contract they were found dead near a swamp, people say, they might have drunk contaminated water, the guy who found their bodies buried them and sent a letter to his grandparents, that all he knows, Hudson kept quiet listening to the young boy who told him about his grandparents and his desire to find his parents' tomb to make a prayer, then Hudson explained him a little more about the white slavery in America that made Jacob's mind fuzzy, Hudson also asked about Judy, but he didn't know much, besides her bad behavior inside the boat, they talked a little more about Judy's behavior on the boat.

Hudson and Jacob decided to visit Ike's farm in the next morning instead of hunting, they left the tribe as soon as the sun began to rise, they spent two days walking inside the forest to get there, when they got closer to Ike's farm they saw some guy with firearms, they spent few days hidden in the woods just to watch people in that farm.

They saw black slaves, it was forbidden in Georgia, they also saw white people working as slaves, most of them were tilling and planting by hand, they worked from sun up to sun down but they didn't see Dickson and Judy in the field, Ike the owner wasn't in the farm, but they noticed two guys with Musketts watching the workers, so they hid themselves in the woods, later they went to the huge house, and for their surprise, they found a lot of black children between the age of five to ten, no parents around, only a few black women taking care of them, and some of them were pregnant