Two

Ellie's POV:

As I walked into the kitchen to get some breakfast before going to work, " Are you excited for Summer?" My Mom asks with a grin.

"Not really" I replied with with no emotion.

"Why not? You get to meet new people."

"People that always leave and return to their lives while I am stuck here."

"It's not that bad." She said while bringing her coffee mug to her lips.

"Yes it is" i said as I am walking towards the front door.

"I love you!" My mom says

" Love you too!" I shout from exiting my house.

As I pedal my way to work I starting thinking about the boy I meet week ago. Where is he?

I haven't seen him at the beach cause thats the main reason why people come here. Getting lost in my train of thought i completely block anything and everything around me. I didn't even realize that I passed the ice cream shop until this girl asked me for directions to the diner.She looked around my age, had stunning brown eyes and freckles. Her dark hair framed her face.

"Um..... hang a left at this corner and keep on going till you see it."

"Oh.. Thank you!" She said walking away while her dark hair flowed in the wind.

I unlock the door after having to walk back from two blocks away. I set my keys in the back and start to open up the shop.

As I am setting up my favorite coworker comes in, Jackie, her family went to Scotland for two weeks. She has lived here since she was twelve and goes to the same high school as me. She said hi and started to help me set up.

Five hours later and after many customers my shift is almost over. I start to gather my things and leave but Jackie pops her head into the break room.

"There is someone here to see you." I looked at her in disbelief as I made my way towards the front of the shop. " And he's cute." She said only for me to hear.

"Long time no see." Ethan says with a smirk

"Yeah long time no see." I muttered under my breath

"So..... can I get two double fudge ice cream cones?"

"Why two?" I asked with curiosity

"One for me and one for my girlfriend." He says without making eye contact.

My heart sunk to my feet. Why? I don't even know him.

Just as I was getting ready to say something else the same girl that asked me for directions walked in and stood by Ethan then she grabbed his hand and pecked him on the check. She looked at me with a grin showing off her pearly white teeth.

"You're the girl I asked directions from!" She said with a peppy voice.

" Yep.. that's me"

I handed them their ice cream all while smiling.

"Well it was nice meeting you......"

"Ellie"

"Cute name"

"Thanks" I said with the fakest voice ever

"Bye!!"

"Bye" I said unamused.

After they left Jackie comes leans on the door frame leading to back room, "That was something." She said with laughter laced with her voice.

"Was it that bad?"

"Yup." She says as she bursts out laughing.

I groan placing my head in my hands as I lean on the counter.

"Well this has been fun but I have got to go." I say with sarcasm. I go to the back and grab my stuff, turning on any phone for any notifications, sadly none.

"Bye!!!" Jackie shouted as I was leaving

"Bye. See you tomorrow!"

As I grab my bike and start pedaling down the street I bump into someone a little too familiar.

Thank you for reading! Please vote and comment!

- Xoxo