Chapter 3.2: Tyson

The ride back from McDonald's was long and I had a lot on my mind. I flashed on the manager cause they wanted to give a nigga them cold ass fries. I wasn't in the mood for them fuck ass games tonight - it was a lot of shit going through my head.

I stopped by the Walgreens to go pick up a few things I needed for the house. I bought some ice cream so I was really in a rush to get back home.

Boosie's "Swangin" was blasting in my whip as I cruised down the street. I was still thinking on what had went down at Destiny's place. It was a bunch to process. I mean come on, who put it in her head that I was going around giving hoes STDs?

And then the phone vibrated, knocking me clear out my feelings.

I swear I hated my phone. That bitch ain't do nothing but keep a nigga in some bullshit. I turned the music down.

"Hello?" I asked, not bothering to check the caller ID.

"Where you at?" Damn. It was moms. I loved her to death but all she had me do was run errand boy. She ain't sound too pleased neither. Shit, everybody tonight got some shit going with them.

"I'm on the road ma," I said, "whatchu need?"

"Why you think I need something?" I'm glad I caught that playful tone in her voice, her ass know she always needed something. She went on without me responding to her.

"You headed toward Lakeside?"

"Mama that's way out the way of where I'm headed."

"Well you need to be headed there, the mall's closing and your brother's big headed ass needs a ride home."

Fuck no, I had a pissed off baby mama to get back to and I wasn't bouta piss her off further. Lakeside was a good twenty five minutes out of my way.

"You can't get him?"

"Now you know my car don't work," I knew she was rolling her eyes heavy as a motherfucker through the phone. Moms caught an attitude fast. "Everybody else is busy. I tried calling your brother but apparently he's dog sitting for you, so I figured you could go. What other responsibilities could you possibly-" Mama stopped as she realized. "Oh yeah, seethat's what you get for running around town sleeping with these la'girls boy. I told you, must've been a hundred thousand times, do not ever-"

I hung up in her face. She always read the fucking riot act. That's old shit, she needed to get over it and start planning for her first grandbaby.

Heaving a long ass sigh, I turned on the road that ran straight to Lakeside. My little brother got on my fucking nerves, always getting into shit. It was around nine and the streets were surprisingly empty. I sped through the streets, narrowly avoiding running a couple lights. It was a bit past nine thirty when I got there.

Jason was standing at the drop off all by himself, ready to get in the car. The lights surrounding him were all off, save for the street light he was standing under.

"Hurry up," I urged him, moving the McDonald's bag from the passenger seat.

He climbed in. "What's wrong witchu?" He asked. Usually I was extra cool with Jason. That was my kid brother, I loved that nigga to death.

I shook my head. "I'm good."

"You lying but it's cool. So you bought a nigga food?" His face lit up as he picked up the bag from on top the console.

I snatched it from him before he could open it. "That ain't for you, playboy." I got to pushing eighty as we sped down the road.

"Who it's for then?"