Not a Day Goes By

Participate in the Writing Contest #NotADayGoesBy ---> HERE

"Not a Day Goes By when music is not my best therapy."

I often battle with my own mind. Sometimes, it feels as though nothing else matters. Sometimes, I can't get up in the morning because I just feel out of it all. I can get very obsessed with just a singular thought that I then get paranoid over. This can rile me up and it surely can drive people I love up the wall. The pressure of people relying on me can be overwhelming sometimes. I love what I do so much, it's more a lifestyle than a career. Some days seem a daunting from the shadowy security of my bed.

I know it's okay not to be okay sometimes. But I've learned from my battles how important it is to find an outlet, something that truly lights a fire in your soul, something that makes you feel present. For me, music has always given me the peace of mind that I have required. It has always helped me to control my mind and keep it in check. The process of listening or making music keeps me so much in the present moment that all I feel is content. When I am on stage, it is a feeling that I cannot express. Everything else just fades away. It's me and the entire crowd singing my songs together. I feel like it's home. It doesn't allow me to feel any negative emotions. It's about being in the present moment and feeling each raw emotion authentically.

This fight between my mind and I, can either get me feeling low or raise me up. I choose the latter. I have done this by being honest, with every song. This daily struggle has given me the strength to be vulnerable and find strength while doing so. Writing about personal experiences is tough and one can feel very vulnerable however, it is also a very cathartic process. This is another element of music that really helps me rationalize my thoughts and feel the actual emotions I have within me which is very healing.

I know how lucky I am to do what I love; without my family and friends, I would really be lost. I am so very grateful for the unconditional love and support. I have this tattoo on my wrist which says 'Conquer'. It's a reminder to conquer the demons that hold me down and to get up, do what I love and smile – and hopefully make other people smile while I'm doing it.

It can be difficult, feels almost impossible sometimes but that's okay. Life can be tough but, with the right tools, we can be so much tougher. Life is a beautiful roller-coaster and I am truly an adrenaline junkie. I truly feel like I've learnt to channel my emotions and feel stronger than ever! So if you're struggling with your emotions or thoughts, please know it will just make you stronger. I have been there, it's been tough but it's worth it. I have come out so much happier and stronger and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Participate in the Writing Contest #NotADayGoesBy ---> HERE

Stand a chance to win Official Ananya Birla Merchandise and to get your winning entries featured in a top digital publication.