Chapter 1 ~ The past

~Mumbai, 29 July 2009~

Not every time is a good one...
Sometimes we have to accept the reality...we think that it's never gonna happen to us...not right now...not today...
We think that those things are only happening in the movies we watch, that something like that can't happen in real life...we say it's quite...impossible, right?

Maybe everything happens for a reason

But in this situation things are kinda different...
There's a big family, Tanuja's family...
Tanuja is a little girl, she's only 10...she has a little brother, he's a newborn.

"Mommy!!Daddy!!! Look Aarav is smiling!!" She screamed at the top of her lungs as her parents laughed when they saw little Aarav smiling back at them.

"Tanuja!!! Come please help me serve the food, it's ready" Her grandmother Gayatri said to her little Tanu.
"Sanjay!! Please stop reading the newspapers and come!!" She said to her husband, Tanuja's grandfather.

Tanuja was running and as soon as she met her grandma she gave her a big hug and bunch of kisses...

"Haha my girl!! My beautiful princesses!!" Her grandma said as she smiled.

Tanuja's mom and dad were looking at their daughter growing up and being happy, they prayed to God to give happiness to both her and her brother

Nobody knew that it was a matter of time...
That their lives were going to change forever...

2:30 PM

The earth just broke into half...everything was moving... pictures were hanging on the walls before...now everything broke into small pieces...just like their happiness...
Little 10 year old Tanu lost everything she had...
She saw her mommy bleeding and her daddy screaming for help as her mom was holding Aarav... she couldn't reach them

"MOMMY!!!!!!DADDY!!! I NEED YOU PLEASE DONT GO!!!!"

Stones and broken walls were keeping her away for her mom and dad...
Both her grandparents were trying to catch her and the baby...
Gayatri catched the baby as Tanuja's mother tried her best to give him to her mother in law...

Everything turned black for Tanuja... everything was dark...darker than ever before...