Chapter 6

Chapter 6

~Ollie~

       Nolan, Wilder, and I had no idea how we were going to investigate the food that most likely caused everyone else to act completely out of character. We wanted to just go down to the kitchen but we knew it wasn't going to be that simple.

       If something weird was going on, chances are the people running the hotel wouldn't be too happy with three people who refused to eat the food snooping around the kitchen.

       "I have an idea," Wilder said. "What if we order even more food?"

       Nolan furrowed his eyebrows. "How would that help?"

       "Well, we're not one hundred percent sure that it's the food causing all this to happen," Wilder said. "If we order more food, we can have one person eat it to see if it's true and get the other two to follow the room service people afterwards to see where they go."

       "So you want someone to basically sacrifice themselves?" I asked.

       "Dude, don't make it sound like whoever is doing it is going to die," Wilder said. "They're just going to join everyone else at the bar. Probably."

       "Well, I'd rather it not be me," Nolan said. "I'm not really a party and alcohol person. In fact, I'd rather stay away from both, especially since I have an addictive personality so I don't even want to touch alcohol to begin with."

       "And I'm a recovering alcoholic so I can't touch alcohol either," I said.

       "Well, I guess I'll be the one to do it," Wilder said. "It's not like I wanted to try that food anyway because of how delicious it looked, despite it being shady."

       "You want to actually eat the food, don't you?" Nolan asked.

       "Yeah, you got me," Wilder said. "Now that I know it's nothing too bad, I don't mind it. Besides, if it is the food, I already know that it will be the one causing me to want to party and all that. Maybe that will be enough for me to snap out of it on my own. Hopefully."

       "You're not sounding too sure about a lot of things with that probably and hopefully," Nolan said.

       "No one is ever too sure about anything, Nolan," Wilder said, walking towards the coffee table where the hotel phone was resting. "So are you two up to following the room service people to the kitchen?"

       "If it means getting Jerome back, I'll do it," Nolan said. "And I only care about getting Jerome back. My brothers and sister can suffer for blaming Jerome for all this."

       "Yeah, I just care about getting Grant back," I said. "I don't care about anyone else."

       "Wow, you're too are such caring people," Wilder said. "So caring. Much compassion."

       Nolan shrugged. "I get petty if people are mean to Jerome."

       "Fair enough," Wilder said, picking up the hotel phone and dialling room service. "You guys want anything?"

       "What?" I asked. "No."

       "Your loss," Wilder said before the call went through. Once it did, he ordered what he wanted from the menu before hanging up the phone. "It will probably be too suspicious if you guys leave the hotel room right as the room service people come."

       "So you want us to wait in the hallway," I said.

       "Exactly," Wilder said. "You know, I'm glad it's you two I'm stuck with and not any of the other idiots."