Chapter 1

Malaya Rodriguez

Miami, Florida- 9:12 a.m

I woke up feeling hands around me, I turned around staring at the man I had in my bed for the past four nights now

I woke up feeling hands around me, I turned around staring at the man I had in my bed for the past four nights now. Moving the covers off me, I got up and went downstairs into the kitchen to get a big bowl filling it up with water then adding ice into it. After doing that I walked back upstairs to my room.

" Aye get up." I said to him waiting for him to get up but all he did was kiss his teeth and turn over.

I walked over to the window and opened the blinds then walked over to the bowl of ice water picking it up. I poured it all over him ice cubes and all.

He jumped like a fish out of water and mugged me. " The fuck you did that for Malaya?" He asked.

" Did you die? No so hush. Hurry and leave I gotta get dressed to go to the store." I said walking into my closet figuring out what I'm wearing for today.

I heard movement and shoveling coming from the bed room, soon after he came and kissed me on the cheek.

"See you later Laya." He said.

"Later Zane." I responded back. After figuring out what I'm wearing I went and took a shower.

After I got out and got dressed, I went downstairs to get something to eat then left out the house.

While I was driving I got a phone call from my best friend Amara

While I was driving I got a phone call from my best friend Amara. "Hello." I answered.

"Hey Laya, how far are you from the store? I really gotta pee and its hot as fuck outside." She responded through the phone.

"You're still outside? Where's Vanessa?" I asked. This like the fifth time she's been late this week.

"I called and asked her where she was she claimed she had something important to do." Amara stated.

Rolling my eyes, I took a deep breath and responded, "Ok Mara I'll be there in five minutes." Amara said a quick okay and hung up.

Amara and I been best friends since we were kids. She has had my back through everything and never turned her back on me. I would do anything for her and I know she would do the same for me. Vanessa and I met our sophomore year of high school and she has had my back all through high school as well.