Choke

Gold walked into his room, he had a smile on his face and happiness fluttered around his heart like the wings of a dragonfly or a dove. He was smiling so hard it almost hurt, but the best part was that he didn't know why. He laughed to himself and slowly shut the door behind him. He didn't want to disturb his mom too much, she was a really great person, and he didn't want to worry her, so here he was. In his room, trying to be quiet and calm, but too happy too do so correctly.

  Gold jumped and spun in a circle, his hair swished around his face satisfyingly when he landed. He smiled at the poetry of a simple movement, maybe not one everyone would choose to see, but one all would appreciate in time. He stepped to his bed, it had black and white patterned sheets with a light brown frame. It nicely complemented the gray of his room. Alone the room was rather plain with painful boring walls and a stupid almost peach carpet, but with the checker board of color added by the bed, it look slightly better. He smiled again.

  The rest of his room was kind of plain, a dark brown closet door to the left and a almost black bookshelf to the right. There was a red-ish orange nightstand with a few papers and a radio to the left of his bed. A small silver cabinet holding art work and writing was next to the bookshelf. A window framed by pokeball patterned curtains stood over the bed like a flag over a country building. He chuckled wondering how it would look with a pride flag instead of those curtains. "No," he thought to himself, "You can't get a pride flag yet, you don't know you are for sure. . . . yet,"

  Did that really make a difference though? I mean there was a post he had read once about how even if something was a phase it deserved to be honored because, because life was, uh, lived in phases or something like that. But he didn't want to buy something if he didn't need it basically forever. Except for food and stuff of course. He smiled imagining himself critiquing whether he would need a specific piece of food for the rest of his life. He laughed and sat down on the edge of his bed. It creaked in an alien sounding way, it reminded him of the alien subject he was addressing and his smile quickly faded.

  He picked up his radio and adjusted it a little bit, he loved this radio, he had gotten it from his grandmother before she passed. His grandmother had been a great person, he cocked his head to the side as memories flooded back to him. He let out a sigh as a small bit of sadness began to poison his joy. It snuck into his heart like a loathsome tapeworm, searching for even the smallest bit of happiness to eat away. He shook his head and the darkness seemed to drip off of him, and slither away to whatever corner it came from.

  He hugged the radio for a long moment. He inhaled deeply, and after a moment exhaled again. "It's okay," he whispered to no one in particular, "She didn't mean to go," He let out another tired sigh and switched on the radio.

"Stop, drop, and drag me into place,"

  Gold smiled at the sound of Dallon Week's voice, it reminded him of Silver's. He grinned even more at the thought of his friend singing to song.

"And lock the fire escapes,"

  Fire, very similar to the color Silver's hair. A rich red combining with a deap orange resulted in the prettiest color Gold could imagine. And that color happened to be exactly that of Silver's hair. Hmm...

"i'll break your pretty face, yeah yeah,"

  Gold laughed aloud, that sounded exactly like something Silver would say.

"Oh, you clever little things, the sycophantic teens, what a precious basket case, yeah yeah,"

  Gold pushed himself up and off the bed into a standing position. He knew the really great part of the song was about to start, and who what's to miss properly dancing to that?

"Now shut your dirty mouth, if I could burn this town,"

  Gold stepped carefully to the side imitating a dance he had seen of television before. He licked his lips as the music escalated more.

"I wouldn't hesitate,"

  Gold began to spin, he was unable to stop the dancing now.

"To smile while you suffocate and die,"

  He grinned and shut his eyes. He imagined Silver next to him, he could almost smell the pretty red hair.

"And that would be just fine,"

  "Yeah, dancing with Silver would be fun," he thought to himself.

"And what a lovely time,"

  How lovely that would be. He began to sing quietly to himself.

"That it would surely be, so bite your tongue,"

  The notes were all on time, the words correct. How odd, he never did good at singing, what was going on?

"And choke yourself to sleep,"

  Gold's eyes cracked open, he smiled, the sun was setting, it added a reddish hue to the world around him, almost the way an anime or manga would add a tint to a love scene, there was even the classic shine.

"You get everything you want,"

  Gold froze, he heard something, a new voice?

"And money always talks,"

  He turned slowly, it seamed to be a voice he recognized.

"To the idiot savants,"

  A glint of red, a flash of black.

"Yeah, Yeah,"

  And there he was.

"Now shut your dirty mouth,"

  Silver grabbed Gold's hand and with a small smile began to dance.

"If I could burn this town
I wouldn't hesitate
To smile while you suffocate and die
And that would be just fine
And what a lovely time
That it would surely be
So bite your tongue
And choke yourself to sleep
Now shut your dirty mouth
If I could burn this town
I wouldn't hesitate
To smile while you suffocate and die
And that would be just fine, oh!
And what a lovely time
That it would surely be
So bite your tongue
And choke yourself,"