Prologue

Hello readers! Before we begin our story, I thought it would be a good idea to give you all some background information on the characters your about to meet! 

Tanis Summers is the daughter of Jane and Carlos Summers. Sister to Daniel, Ricky, Jake, Carter and Scott Summers. She was adopted by them at the age of 2 after a car accident that left her birth mother dead but Tanis unscathed. Her biological father is unknown to her but well known in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.....

Edward Gerald Oswin (EGO) came to earth after the 'disappearance' of his son Peter. He encountered Tanis' mother Louisa in a communal bar, where he asked for her help. He explained his story, how his wife had tragically passed and he feared his son had ran away in order to deal with his grief. Of course, you and I know this is not the real story. Soon enough, Ego had wormed his way into Louisa's wife and, similarly to Meredith Quill, he left earth with Louisa caring for his unborn baby. 

Now, we all know Peter Quill came to harness Celestial abilities such as holding an infinity stone and not meeting his maker. These exact abilities and 'powers' came from his fathers DNA, the same DNA that Tanis also conceals. Tanis was able to live the first two years of her life without showing any signs of being anything but a normal little girl. That was, until the car accident. The day of the storm changed everything for Tanis. Her mother was trying to get away. Her family could never accept the child she had conceived with a stranger,so Louisa wanted a new life for her and Tanis.  She was going to leave the town of Missouri and move to New York with her baby girl. But then the lightning struck. The car crashed that day, and Louisa's life was plucked from existence like a snap of the fingers. 

Doctors, Firefighters, even the most qualified detectives on the planet could not figure out how Tanis survived that crash. At two years old she was a living miracle. A miracle without a family. Louisa's parents, aunts, cousins denied all existence and knowledge of the child. And thus she went up for adoption. A family from Manchester, Great Britain, The Summers had 5 children of their own at the time. Their youngest, Scott, was only two himself when they decided to make their dreams a reality and adopt a baby girl to complete their family. 

Tanis began her new life in Manchester. She soon grew and forgot all about her traumatic upbringing. She soon forgot her mother. She started school, her new best friend and subsequent brother Scott by her side every step of the way. 
I guess by now you must be wondering how she discovered she had powers. Well, when she was able to proton blast a child he length of a football pitch without even breaking a sweat, she knew she was different. In 2014 she suffered what doctor's called a 'mild seizure whilst taking a bath' aged 16. Whilst her biological father was busy torturing her brother on his home planet, their family connection had triggered Tanis' powers more. She was able to connect with her brother and father, see into the future and witness his grand plan. All whilst she was almost drowning in the bath whilst her adoptive mother rang for emergency services. Yet again the Doctors could find nothing wrong with Tanis. No disease, no anomalies. She was normal. 

The year we join her story is 2018. Tanis is now 20 years old, half way through University, studying to be a midwife. She lives at home with her mother, father and 5 brothers. Her life could not be better.....