Chapter 1

The short haired girl thought for a second before pointing to the right dish, 'Joichiro's dish of fried rice'.

Joichiro raises his hand in victory as the red haired boy and the (H/C) haired girl fell to their knees.

"Soma and (Y/N), you two need more training." Joichiro says, smugly.

"Looks like we lost today." They walked away, their hands on their hips. The (E/C) eyed girl muttered, "Tsh. I knew we should of put more flavoring. Chiro-san's rice is more flavored than ours. Maybe some more....."

"Say that after you actually win." Joichiro sweat-dropped. "You're getting close to your 500th lost aren't you guys. " Their heads snapped back words and Soma yelled,

"Wha? Don't get cocky!"

"That was only our 489th lost!" (Y/N) agrees.

"You're still getting close."

"But man! The old man's food is really good." One of the costumers yelled out.

"To think I can eat this in my neighborhood whenever I want..." Another said.

"B-but Yukihira-kun's and (Y/N)-chan's dish was also very good!" Mayumi stutters at first. "Of all the fried rice I eaten, It was the best!"

"Is that so?" Soma held up a pair of chopstick and a container. "Would you like to try a new dish then?"

"Mayumi, Don't trust-" (Y/N) tried to warn her.

"I-I-I would like to try it if that's ok." She smiled bravely, but trembled in her shoes. I will pray for your safety, Mayumi-chan. (Y/N) prayed mentally. In the end, (Y/N) ended up trying to support Mayumi. "S-S-S-So g-g-gross..." Mayumi mumbles out.

"YUKIHIRA!" A brunette yelled out, as she shakes Mayumi. "Stop using Mayumi-chan as your test subject." She scolds.

"Hn." Soma ignored. "I guess it was a failure."

"My 'dried sardines garnished with strawberry jam' is also quite good right, Soma? (Y/N)?" Joichiro boasted.

"Ah, that one was sublimely bad!" Soma responded. Like father, like son. The costumers thought gravely.

"Idiots!" (Y/N) whacked both of their heads with a menu sheet. "By all means, my 'grilled asparagus with chocolate' is still the most disgusting, as both sweet and bitter clashes with one another." Never mind, it's Like Father, Like Son, Like Chef. (I don't know. Does it taste bad?)

It's been 15 years since she was born. 15 years since her mother's death. 10 years since her father's death. 7 years since her foster mother's death. And finally, 7 years since she started working at Yukihira's. Learning all the recipes took a month, and to say the least Joichiro and Soma were impressed. But, not (Y/N). To her, if she had taken less time for failure, she would have finished in 2 weeks. If I had asked Soma to have shaken the pot three more times, we would have gotten more of a chance to beat him. She looked over at Soma as he was drying the cups. He's probably thinking the same thing. 

Lost in her thoughts, she didn't hear them come in until they spoke.

"May I come in?" A feminine voice spoke out. (Y/N) turned her head around and saw a woman with sunglasses and a few bodyguards. "I deeply apologize for bothering you. I'm an urban life planner. The name's Minegasaki."

"Welcome!" (Y/N) bowed slightly and handed her a menu. "What would you like to eat?" She asked with a friendly smile and took out a small notepad with a pen attached to it. The notepad contain all her previous recipes so it was pretty battered up. "I recommend our splendid alfonsino dish and-"