Chapter 3- Part 1

Sorry, this is all I've written and the other half will come out soon. It's better than nothing right?

I made my way to the waiting area where we meet our loved ones that we miss from not seeing them for so long, I see mothers hug their children or sisters hugging each other, couples kissing and people joyously welcoming each other. In my case I was looking for a JYP worker. Not as exciting or heartwarming compared to the others that were on my plane. I looked around and saw a sign that said, “Welcome Dayna.” I walked over to the lady holding the sign and pinched myself. I never thought this could ever happen to me. Apparently it is happening to me. I breathed in the Seoul air and just welcomed it. This is my life now.

“Welcome Dayna, nice to meet you. Let’s go get your luggage and head over to the JYP building. I know your tired but just hang in there. We’ll get lunch after the JYP tour and then I’ll take you to your dorms. Feel free to ask any questions, especially trainee life. I would know because I’m a trainee myself,” the worker said in what seemed like an American accent. She looked Korean, but she probably grew up in America.

“Oh ok, cool, thanks. I thought you were meant to be a worker or something. At least that’s what I was told,” I answered as we walked to collect my luggage.

“Oh no, Mr. Park always gets trainees to pick up the new trainees. He thinks it makes them feel more welcome and we could relate to each other easily,” she replies.

“Makes sense.”

I see my suit case and pick it up. Luckily it was easy to spot. 

“Is that all you brought over?!” she asks me.

“Uhhh yeah? I thought I could shop here for more clothes and necessities when I need it. My parents are sending more stuff over as well so that I wouldn’t have to bring like one hundred suitcases.” I smile at her.

“That’s really smart. I should’ve thought of that,” she laughs and gasps, “How rude of me. I haven’t even told you my name. So much for making you feel welcome. I’m Sydney but I;m not from Australia. I’m from L.A, California. You know? In the big U.S of A?,”

“That’s really cool! I’m from Australia if you haven’t noticed,” I reply as I follow her to what seems like a pick up zone. Sydney sees a black van and gestures me to go in after her. 

“Well, we’re on our way yo JYP now. I hope you enjoy Seoul and if you want to you can sleep,” she tells me. 

“Honestly, I don’t think I can sleep. I’m to excited to sleep. If it’s ok with you, I’ll probably ask you a million questions,” I answer as I smile at her. I like Sydney, she seems really nice.

“Sure, but only if you answer my question. Are you mixed? You know like half asian, half caucasian? Or maybe half of two different asians? You’re so pretty!” she exclaims in an overly peppy way which borderlines sounding like a fangirl.

I laugh and then reply,”Thank you, but I don’t think I’m as pretty as you make it seem. I’m just average. To answer your question, yes I am mixed. You can figure out the rest.” 

“Girl, don’t lie to yourself. Your gorgeous and you know it. If I get one correct can you say yes or no?” she asks.

“Sure. Wanna play 20 question so we get to know each other?” I ask.

“This will be fun. I wanna ask the first question. Are you half Korean, half something else?”

“Yep. How long have you been a trainee for?” 

“One year. How old are you?” 

“Turning 16 on the 21st of April, you?”

“18, hopefully I’ll debut soon. Any special talents? Like instrument or whatever?”

“I can play guitar and piano. Guitar is like my main instrument though. What about you?” 

“The piano,” she smiles, “we’re almost at the JYP building by the way.”