V I

Everybody stared at the silverette looking surprised. "W-What?"

"You're uneasy, is there something bother you?" Elaine asked, rising her brow.

"What are you talking about? I'm fine." Elizabeth laughed it off, but the fairy wasn't impressed.

"You're lying, what's the problem?" Elaine sat next to her, concerned. Diane sat on the other side. The others proceeded to huddle around her.

"What's wrong?~" Ban asked, brows furrowed.

Elizabeth knew she couldn't talk her way out of it because of the fairy lying detector next to her.

"Zeldris told me something today, but please don't say anything to anyone, okay?"

; ; ;

"What's up?" Meliodas asked, his tone and attitude didn't match up to anything that happened this morning.

Zeldris furrowed his brows at his brother. "You're what's up. Are you okay?"

Meliodas sighed, "I'm fine. I told you, we're working. We cant talk about this now." He then turned around, about to walk back down.

Zeldris held his shoulder, stopping him. "If not now, then when? I know you'll try your best to evade this topic, but i'm concerned."

Meliodas didn't say anything so Zeldris continued. "You know you can tell me anything, i'm literally right here now."

"You weren't before, because of me." Meliodas mumbled, making Zeldris frown.

"I had you locked up and sealed, I betrayed all of you. How different is that group to this one? I could easily betray them if I wanted to."

Zeldris' concern doubled, gripping his brother's shoulder harder. "But you wont. You would never. This group is your family, being the Ten Commandments' leader was something you had to be."

"You're family. Yet I still did it." Meliodas told him, taking Zeldris aback.

"You know, it scares me I'll do it to them too." Meliodas mumbled. "I'm still the same person, however way I flip the world."

"Meliodas," Zeldris felt as if he couldn't do anything to help his brother. He felt helpless.

He knew in his seven hearts that Meliodas would never that sort of thing to The Seven Deadly Sins.

"You betrayed us for Elizabeth, who made you a better person." Zeldris muttered, but Meliodas heard.

"Trust me, you wouldn't betray them." Zeldris tried to convince him, but Meliodas just carefully removed his hand.

"Trust me, my demons would try." Meliodas told him before leaving.

; ; ;

Elizabeth had told them everything, leaving the room silent.

Ban held onto his neck, thinking hard of the situation that they suddenly had. "This has to have an explanation~" He furrowed his brows.

"Don't let him notice anything. Act like nothing ever happened--," Elizabeth cut herself off as she heard foot steps.

"Hey, guys! What's going on? What am I missing?" There he goes. His believable cover was now as fake as Elizabeth's: "Nothing."

"What did you and Zeldris talk about?" King immediately changed the topic to save Elizabeth.

Meliodas bought it and just shrugged. "He left his underwear somewhere and I helped him find it."

"That's quite unnecessary." Gowther commented, getting chuckles from everyone.

"Meliodas I found it!" Zeldris yelled from upstairs. Meliodas chuckled, "See?"

And thus, the lies continued until someone had to break.

Literally.

;

Gowther had been trying to observe Meliodas for the past week. From him serving customers until the time that he and Elizabeth go to bed.

Meliodas didn't mind Gowther's weird actions, thinking that he only wanted to know more about the way people work and function.

But it was getting ridiculous.

He wasn't the type to get annoyance get the best of him but with his thoughts being a mess, his self control was quite off.

"Captain." This had to be the fifth time that the doll had called him.

"Yes, Gowther?" Meliodas turned around, a grin plastered on his face.

"I've noticed that there was something on your shirt for quite a while. Would you mind if I--," Gowther then reached his hand near Meliodas.

Recently, Meliodas had been avoiding physical contact with anyone, he tried to not let anyone notice.

Even though they already did when he wouldn't fist bump with Ban the other day. 

So, Gowther wanted to test him.

But it simply led him to a broken arm.

Meliodas suddenly had the urge to break something. Break someone.

"C-Captain." Gowther, for the first time in his life, felt something. He was a doll and finally felt something.

Fear.

However, Meliodas didn't stop. He just stared at Gowther's arm breaking. Hearing the snaps and cracks made him smirk.

It was an unsettling view. "Meliodas!"

Zeldris luckily saw this, "You're hurting him!" He told Meliodas and was able to remove his tight grip on Gowther.

These would be the times where  Gowther would say a smart remark about him being a doll but he was too fazed at how Meliodas reacted.

"Hey, I heard Zel-- What the fuck, Gowther are you okay?~" Ban asked, approaching him and carefully grabbing his arm.

Ban looked at Meliodas, who was looking down at the ground and Zeldris standing in front of him.

"Ban," Zeldris gave him a look which he understood immediately.

"C'mom let's get you fixed somehow~" Ban then accompanied Gowther upstairs.

"Brother--", "He saw."

"Maybe--", "He fucking saw." 

The atmosphere suddenly dropped. Zeldris held Meliodas' shoulders, "Hey, it's okay. Maybe he didn't think anything of it?"

"He's my best friend Zeldris, he knows how I act. And i'm not like that."  Meliodas mumbled. Zeldris went silent and stared at his brother, looking down at the ground. 

Zeldris was about to talk again but Meliodas suddenly sat on the floor, grabbing his head in frustration. 

"Why won't it stop?" Meliodas muttered, but Zeldris heard loud and clear. "My head won't shut up." 

"I don't want to kill them." 

Zeldris simply stared at his brother. He glanced at the window and saw that Elizabeth and Elaine were quietly watching outside with their mouths covered with their hands. 

"Brot--" Zeldris was about to grab him up when Meliodas suddenly punched himself in the face and let himself fall unconscious. 

"Meliodas!" Zeldris yelled loudly, getting everyone's attention and making them run towards the two. 

; ; ; ; ;

oopsie :>