The Prologue

Long ago, humans lived in peace, they were very intelligent and resourceful, creating flying vehicles, discovering less harmful energy sources, reinventing robots, and finding better ways for eliminating waste. However, in the 22nd century a man by the name of Michael Lucifer Petrikov, unearthed a new upcoming species of humans. The Invalid, he called them, had telepathic powers, even with this strength, the people were often frail or weaker than the normal humans. Petrikov discovered that these people didn't always have the same powers, making each one unique, but they did however all have very rare silver eyes. Petrikov wondered if he could duplicate the powers into everyday people. Unfortunately, they needed a guinea pig for the human experiment so enthralled in his own work he volunteered. The experiment went haywire killing the Invalid in the process and altering Michael's mind. A sweet, sincere, and selfless man became cold, cruel, and calculating. The change scared his newly pregnant fiancé, he called sunshine, so much she became one of the other species her fiancé had discovered. A Protector, the Protectors served the Invalid, protecting them from harm and danger. In return the Invalid protected their families and problems dealing of the mind. Sunshine joined the protectors to protect the leader of the Invalid. The woman was honored and was injured badly before birthing a baby. The new mother sworn secrecy then exited the Protectors in order to protect what family she has left. Sunshine may have left the order, but does that mean her child is safe?