I

"Love fucks me in ways,
even lust would be envious of."

-Lauren Eden

Georgia

I try to roll out of bed, but I can't. I open my eyes, to find my ex's arms wrapped around my torso protectively. I lift up the sheets and see our bare legs tangled.

"Shit. Shit."

I start to carefully untangle our legs. Once my legs are free, I slowly roll out of her arms.

My feet hit the hardwood floor of her apartment and I find it hard to stand.

I forgot how good she was.

I collect all my clothes off the floor, quickly dressing.

I leave a note where I was laying, and make my way to training.

Alexa

I wake up, reaching for Georgia, but only hear the crinkle of paper. I open my eyes and see a little piece of paper with my name neatly written on the front.

I open it up:

Sorry about leaving before I could say goodbye. I just have training and Steph will have my head if I don't make it on time.

I still love you. But, being with Ollie is easier. Just so you know, last night wasn't meaningless, I meant everything I said and did. Get some sleep. See you soon.

Love, Georgia xx

The last paragraph tears me to shreds. Leaving just like she did, a couple months ago. I try standing up, but barely can, due to last night's events.

I take it one step at a time and find my way to my closet, grabbing out my United training kit.

I might as well go out and play a little bit.

A couple hours later...

I get a text from Georgia.

Georgia: Can I come over tonight?

Yeah, what's up?

Georgia: Ollie is drunk and he gets aggressive when drinking.

Yeah, about what time?

Georgia: Like now?

Okay, I'll be there in a bit. I was just at the pitch.

Georgia: Okay, see you in a bit😘

I throw my balls and cones into my car and quickly make my way back to my apartment.

I find her waiting outside.

"Hey cutie." I say.

"Hey."

"Let's get you inside."

"Okay."

We walk inside and something comes over me and I pin her to my apartment wall.

"Wh-what are you doing?" She asks with fear.

"You."

---

I lay down next to her, panting, while she still rides her high.

"Mhmmm." She moans from next to me.

After a few minutes, she buries her head in my neck, tracing small patterns onto my abs.

"I need to shower, do you want to join?"

"I should, I probably don't smell the best right now."

I slowly get out bed and then pick up Georgia, bridal style.

I set her down on the counter, while I warm up the shower.

Once I find a good temperature, I pick her up and go into the small space.

She puts her head in my neck, while the water runs down our bodies.

"Do you want me to wash your hair?" I ask.

"You can leave it." I kiss her head, with passion.

She lifts her head out of my neck and connects our lips, smiling into the kiss.

My hands travel up and down her back. We break from the kiss and keep our foreheads connected.

"GEORGIA?!" A voice calls from my living room...