9 - Warning

For the next couple of days, I still felt dizzy from all the erudition I got. I sat at my bed looked at the pile of books I got from the library. I was also thinking about the necklace. What was about it that was so mysterious? If there's a spell on it, can I determine who put a spell on and maybe even find or contact whoever it was? Does my soul is connected through the spell to the necklace? Now I found more questions about the suspicious artifact hiding behind the black leather lid of a jewelry box.

Rosa gave me all the answers I required in addition to mine but also about Nate and me. A sudden bubble of nervousness appeared in my stomach from the thought that we won't be able to keep living our lives without mating with each other. The more time it takes for us to go without being mated, the worse it will get.

Everyone would be terrified of that. No one wants to be mated forcefully, but I guess we don't have much choice here. The situation we got ourselves into is messy, and there's no one known who has experienced the same bond.

I couldn't avoid Nate anymore, and it became a need to be around him. I needed his scent to be mixed with mine to have at least some calming effect on my wolf. My wolf went crazy. Her thoughts would cloud my mind and fill it with smutty fantasies.

I tried not to stay outside my room and wander around the house. If Nate were staying in the office I would sit in the living room right across his office to at least feel his presence. In the afternoon, he watched how General Marcus had a drill with the patrols. He would stand there shirtless only his shorts and give hints to Marcus about the tactics. Compared to General Nate was actually more muscular and a forehead taller.

I decided to go out into the kitchen terrace to watch as well. I sat comfortably at the armchair right under the pavilion. Nate didn't pay attention straight away to me while I was sitting there hiding behind the book. He was so focused on the drill that when he found me sitting there relaxed, his eyebrows went up.

He left Marcus's side and walked toward the terrace looking at me like a predator. I looked away from my book and watched him walking dominantly toward me. He slowly came up to me and hovered over me while I looked at him from under my lashes.

"Can't stand my scent, don't you?" - he asked curiously as his eyes narrowed. A small smile formed on my lips.

"Not exactly. It's more about having your scent around to keep myself together," - I replied back and glancing at the book before lifting my eyes again to look at him. I was trying so hard not to make my eyes slip downward to admire his physique, although I wanted really badly.

He lifted his eyebrows at my response, but he kept eye contact. I broke the contact and looked at the dripping wet and exhausted men who stood in line and stared at the General talking to them.

"What you were talking to Rosa about that seemed to be such a private topic?" - he asked curiously and folded his arms at his chest. His eyes lighted with curiosity. I glanced back at him and took a second to come with a good response.

"How about I'll tell you later. I promise I'll explain everything but later" - I responded to him and tried not to let out an evil chuckle. I wanted it to be fair. If he was withholding something from me, then why should I give him everything on the silver plate. A sudden shift in the atmosphere made me feel awkward.

"Nice try using my own words against me," - he said as some venom was in his tone. A stone of worry dropped in my stomach. I didn't intend to make him angry.

All of a sudden, he leant on the back of my armchair and leant forward as his face couple of inches away from mine. I was simply staring into his chocolate orbs as fear came up to my throat, but I kept myself still to show my dominance as well.