story of the past..

The cold air whipped around me as I sat crouched on the floor, all alone.

I was hugging my knees, resting my chin on them.

Opening my eyes I glanced around at all the kids running around and playing together.

They all looked so happy skipping and playing football.

I always hated school, always left out, always ignored but what does it matter I'm just a pawn in the world's sick game.

I've known that I'm never needed that's why I stopped trying...

Sighing a little, I forced myself to my feet..my head drooping while avoiding eye contact.

Tap..tap..tap..my feet started to move across the huge playground towards the entrance door.

Finally reaching the door I made my way to class, weaving through the crowds of kids.

Once I reached my table and sank into the chair.

I always sat alone and never spoke to anyone ..even though I was now in year five.

Doodling in my school book,ignoring the teacher.

"Hey you!" An alarmingly near voice spoke cheerfully.

I looked at them confused and surprised, someone had sat next to me...

"H-hello ..do you need something?" I asked her.

The girl had mucky blond hair,I'd never seen her before.

"Hmm nope..I don't need anything" she beamed a smile at me.

"Oh um..you are?" I was so nervous I'd not spoken to classmates before.

"Oh right ,I'm Natalie" she smiled so brightly as she did work in her school book.

"Ah I'm ..nena..nice to meet you.." I sheepishly smiled at my new friend.

On that day my life became a little brighter, I no longer Sat alone and I began to smile a little more.

Months went on and we became inseparable, the only friend I had.

Until one morning at school there was an transfer student.

He stood at the front of the classroom. He had a goofy smile and messy black hair.

The moment he sat at mine and Natalie table, we became good friends..his name was Kieran.

We spent our lunches,breaks and classes together ..we became the cheerful trio.

For once I became genuinely happy never a moment sadness.

Laughing and smiling with my two friends. School never had another dull moment.

Bullying also became something that no longer bothered me, all I cared about was being with Natalie and Kieran...