Chapter 1

Hi, my name is Starr, Starr Amor De la Rosa that is, but most people just call me Starr . I'm a 20 year old woman still trying to figure out life. I'm in college and I still live with my mother and little sister, Kehlani. My brother, Kasai (Kuh-sigh) would still be with us right now, but  unfortunately  he has been locked up for 7 years. I haven't seen him since I was 13 years old, but little did I know, things were about to change. Kasai was the closest sibling to me, though Kehlani and I were close as well. I tried to visit him as much as possible. One day, as I went to visit Kasai, I ran into a boy, well more like accidentally bumped into him, but it wasn't on purpose. Nolan, that was the boys name Nolan Busky. I knew Nolan from school. Seeing him around, but I didn't know him personally. At least not like how I wanted to. He was 6'8. A basketball player and just like me, he was black, native, and Hispanic. We were in the same chemistry class back in high school but I didn't think he'd remember me.

It was 45 after noon, on a Friday. When we drove all the way to the county jail to visit Kasai, who I didn't know would be home soon. On our drive we listened to music and sang along until we got there safely. It'd be the first time we'd seen Kasai since he moved yards. That was 2 years ago. We walked trough security and went to a small visitation room full of vending machines with all kinds of snacks and drinks. We sat down until Kasai appeared. He hugged us all with tears of joy in his eyes. I hugged him tightly because as you already know we were close. Kasai was my big brother for crying out loud. We sat down and talked to Kasai a for about 2 minutes before the most attractive guy I'd ever seen walked in. He must've noticed me looking because he glanced in my direction and shot a smile at me. I couldn't help but blush. Apparently my mom noticed because she called it out right then and there, "Starr, are you blushing?" She questioned me. "It must be the boy that just walked in." Kehlani chimed in. "No!" I replied to both of them. Kehlani proceeded to roll her eyes then handed me change "here" she said handing me money. "Go get me some chips" she finished. "What kind?" I asked, but before I could get that out she went right back to talking to Kasai. I went to the 3rd machine in line because it was the only one open, I walked up to it quickly, bumping into someone. "I'm so sorry" I panicked. "Are you alright?" A deep voice asked me and when I looked up, it was him. The Nolan Busky from the basket ball team at Union high. I froze for a good 3 seconds. "I'm fine, totally fine" I said, then yet again he flashed his smile and my cheeks turned red. "You look familiar" he said to me. "What's your name?" He asked. "Starr, I replied.

His P.O.V (point of view)
Starr, I knew that name. I knew her face. It was all so familiar, but from where? I've definitely seen this girl somewhere before.
"Don't I know you? " I questioned. "I don't think so" she replied, then it hit me. "You were in my chemistry class back in highschool" I said. "Oh, who was your teacher?" She asked. "Mr. Shelton" I replied. "I don't recall" she said, but I could tell she was lying.

End of p.o.v.