Chapter 7:This isn't Wonderland

8/20/15-Paris, France:
Just a few seconds before, Carmen and Seth chatted on the case, just then Carmen's phone rings, the call is revealed to be from Jacqueline.

Jacqueline Proust:"This is Jacqueline Proust! Come quickly! I need your help!"

Carmen:"What is it, Ms Proust? Are you in danger? Are you hurt?"
Carmen answered back,

Jacqueline Proust:"Not yet! But please come to the Louvre quickly! I'm running out of time!"
After she hung up Carmen told Seth the emergency and drove to the Louvre.
[At the Louvre...]
As Carmen and Seth make it to the Louvre they see Ms Proust, only to see her in no danger, she talks to them both.

Jacqueline Proust:"Ah, there you are, Senior Trooper Seth! Think goodness you're here!"
Carmen gets upset from Ms Proust actions.

Carmen:"You have some nerve calling us up like that, Ms Proust! You were in no danger at all!"
Proust yells back and explains,

Jacqueline Proust:"I wasn't in danger, but my research certainly was! I'm being repressed! CENSORED! There's a special item that I require for researching my next novel: I can't tell you about it, obviously, SPOILERS!"

Seth:"You still don't have any reason why to call us."
Seth yells to Proust, but Proust continues speaking.

Jacqueline Proust:"If only those Louvre idiots would've just let me borrow that decryption tool, then I'd just need to get my hands on Annette's manuscript..."
Proust doesn't realize what she just said out loud,

Jacqueline Proust:"Oops... did I just say that out loud?"

Seth:"Yes you did,"
Seth answers. Carmen takes her notepad out to write about Ms Proust,

Carmen:"So you're looking for Annette's manuscript, too? Wait right here, we're going to have a proper chat with you!"
Jacqueline leaves after that. Carmen asks Seth,

Carmen:"What do you say, Seth? Should we grill Jacqueline Proust about the manuscript right away? Or should we let Ms Proust stew and take another look around the Louvre for more clues? Your call!"

Seth:"ok then, I think it's best we talk with Proust first."
Seth answers to Carmen. So Seth and Carmen walk to Proust waiting for them, Seth starts talking to Ms Proust,

Seth:"Ok Ms Proust. Tell us everything you know about that manuscript, Did you kill Annette Sommeur to get it?"
Annette yells her answer at Seth like she was nervous,

Jacqueline Proust:"NO! I would never do anything like that! I knew Annette had bought it in an auction, so I asked her over for red wine and Camembert to see if she would let me use it for researching my next book. But that petty little... women... wouldn't grant me access to the manuscript! ME! I mean, she knew who I was! Everyone knows who I am!"
Carmen doesn't really believe what Ms Proust is saying,

Carmen:"Right... I find your change of heart very interesting. When we first talked, you called Annette Sommeur an inspiration..."
Ms Proust looks at Carmen, don't know what to say.

Jacqueline Proust:"Well, she did inspire my next novel! And I borrowed the title from a French Philosophy Book, "The Will to Know"... But she was keeping me from writing my book by hogging that manuscript! And if I'm not writing, I'm smoking! Like a chimney!"
Seth yells to Ms Proust,

Seth:"Listen Ms Proust! I bet you know just where that manuscript is, and it gives you a big motive for Killing Annette Sommeur! We're watching you like a hawk!"
As Seth and Carmen leave, Carmen starts talking about Proust.