Moments

Chapter one. It's not very good.

Koryn's POV

It was twenty minutes past midnight. Liam and I were laying on the couch in his house. I started to doze off to the sound of Liam's steady breaths and the tv turned down low. Then my phone blared. I looked back, hoping not to wake Liam, who was still laying there, eyes closed, mouth half open. Sometimes it's hard to believe he's mine really. I slid the unlock and it was a reminder to check my blood sugar and take my medicine. I got diabetes and was diagnosed with leukemia right after I met Liam and he was my rock the whole way through.

~flashback to 6-11-10~

We met almost two years ago. I was the cashier to a little corner store he used to come to every day to buy a coke before XFactor. One day he finally said to me: "I just can't pass you up. I'm Liam Payne." I could feel myself blushing. I replied "I'm Koryn. Koryn Jones." "Well, I'd better get your number before I go," Liam said looking at his watch. In a rush, I grabbed the nearest piece of paper and wrote down my number, reading it three times over to make sure it's right. "Thanks love," he said rushing out.

About two minutes later my phone buzzed. It read: Hey Koryn. It's Liam xx. My heart skipped a beat and I saved the number into my contacts. I brushed my finger over the number making sure this was real. When I snapped out of my day dream, I realized he was probably expecting my text.

Me: just working at my shitty job. Nothing new.

Liam: I think you are awesome at being a cashier

Me: well thanks

Liam: np. I gtg, rehearsal time xx

Me: bye

My face dropped a little. It was really fun to actually talk to him instead of my usual cashier dialogue: hi how are you? Will that be all? Thank you!

I'm glad to really get to know him now.

Liam's POV

I rushed through the doors hoping Simon wouldn't notice my tardiness. To my luck, he wasn't expecting me, it was Savan. "Liam, where have you been?" He asked. He didn't sound mad. My mates Louis Tomlinson, Niall Horan, Harry Styles and Zayn Malik we warming up. "I was stuck in traffic, sorry Savan," when in reality I was waking slowly, texting Koryn. "Well just try to be on time next time ok?" He sounded drunk. Knowing Savan, he wasn't one to get drunk, especially on a Thursday night. "I will, promise." I joined them warming up, thinking about Koryn.

Koryn's POV

When the clock buzzed at 5:30 I couldn't have gotten out of there faster. I hung up my vest, clocked out and tore out of the store. The best part of the day is when I leave that place. It's basically a living hell with cheap crap. I get paid $7.50 an hour, 8 hours M-F. It's not that much, but it's just enough to pay for school and half for rent with my roommate Carla. I crossed Hammelton Street and turned left to a shortcut to Anderson Condos, my home away from home. I'm actually American. My parents and I made the decision to study abroad because none of the collages in America had the right acting classes that I wanted. I am an only child, that's why they could afford my schooling and they wanted and excuse to go on a four-month cruise around the entire world. Fine with me.

I cut through the narrow ally and came upon the back of my building. I pulled out my key and opened the door. Carla was sitting at the kitchen table doing work. She is a makeup sales lady for a makeup brand I can't even say. It's Swedish that's all I know. "Hey Kor," she said not looking up from her work

"Wazzup?" I replied putting my bag away

"Just work, the usual," She was always working. But she made a lot of money and scored herself a class A boyfriend. If she loves what she does, it's fine with me.