8.

I walked into school the next day with a different attitude than yesterday. Yesterday I had let my guard down. I was vulnerable, weak, and pathetic. I showed Lauren another side to me; a side that I wanted to forget about and keep hidden. So today I was back to how I would usually act. I was feeling fun and somewhat flirtatious. I was going to put that mood to good use and had my sights set on Ms. Lauren Jareugui.

I'm not stupid, I was fully aware that Lauren had hesitated yesterday when I kissed her. She hadn't pushed me away quickly like a normal teacher would. She might not have kissed me back, but she sure as hell didn't try and stop me at first. Then afterwards she acted like a nervous teenager, stuttering and stumbling over rocks. I wasn't blind to what was happening right in front of me. I had a thing for her, and there was no doubt in my mind that she has a thing for me too. Why else would she act like she cares about me so much? Why would she be so interested in my life? Why would she want me to stay the night last weekend? Why did she hold my hand? And most importantly, why didn't she push away? It was just so obvious to me that she must be into me too. In my mind, my suspicions were confirmed when she sent a student to my first period class the next day to tell me to go and see her. I didn't have a session with her today and if she wanted to talk then she could have pulled me aside during lunch or wait until our next session, but no, she wanted to see me bright and early where we could talk alone.

As I was walking towards her office I wondered what she'd say to me. She was the professional and the responsible type so my guess would be that she'd try to play it off as if it were nothing; a simple mistake. That wasn't the way I did things though, at least, when it comes to girls. When I was a girl, you better believe I'll do something about it and won't stop until I get her.

When I got to the door to Lauren's office I knocked, waited two seconds before getting impatient and opened the door. I looked inside, but it was empty, so I let myself in. I strolled over to the desk, walking around it so I got to Lauren's chair and sat on it. I spun around in it as I waited for her to get here. I looked at her desk. It as perfectly clean and everything was set out nicely, much unlike my old guidance counsellor who would have half empty cups of coffee everywhere as well as student's files laying open.

The door opened, stopping me from actually snooping. I spun around to face it and smiled when I saw Lauren standing there. She was, well, hot, like I expected. She was wearing skinny jeans, like normal, and a shirt which wasn't exactly in good taste. It actually looked hideous, but on her it looked good.

"Hey there beautiful," I said, smiling. She glanced away nervously before looking back, acting more confident.

"Sit over there," she ordered and pointed to my usual seat. I stuck my bottom lip out in a pout.

"But I like it here. There's plenty of room for the both of us," I flirted. She sighed and came towards me, stoping next to the chair. I spun a little so I was facing her.

"Up, now, and over there," she said in a demanding tone.

"Make me," I teased, grinning wider. I bit my bottom lip and looked up at her playfully.

"Camila, I told you, no more of this," she said. I could tell I was maybe pushing a little much, so I let up a little.

"Alright, I'm going," I said. I stood up, keeping my body close to her. She looked uncomfortable as she maneuvered around me and sat in the chair. I went to the other side of the desk, plopped down and smiled innocently.

"So, why have you summoned me? I asked.

"I want to talk about yesterday," she said in a tone that was all too professional.

"What about yesterday?" I asked, playing dumb. She looked a little annoyed at the question. I knew I was playing with fire right now, but what can I say? I guess I liked fire.