Chapter 9

He couldn't stop staring at the air through his room's window. One week after the mission and he still couldn't stop thinking about those masked people. Although the ANBU went on investigation, he was still worried. "I wished I could join them and do some research as well." He thought. But it was impossible. He was still a genin.

"Keisuke," His door opened. It was his little cousin. "Training starts in twenty minutes! You're not dressed yet?" He was still in his pajamas. "How many times do I have to say it, Aiko? Knock before you come in! What if I was naked?" He said, irritated. Aiko rolled her eyes. "That's why you should lock your door." By that, she closed the door and left. He sighed before getting ready for the training.

The two cousins walked in the streets. Aiko was jovial, as always. Keisuke was stuck in his mind. They finally arrived at the local park. Only to see Neji with a girl. He looked the opposite way, while she sobbed before running off. "Damn... Does he have a heart?" Asked Keisuke, while watching. "I know right! He'll only get pimples if he continues like this!" Aiko agreed. The white eyed boy saw his two teammates and joined them. "What was that?" Keisuke asked him. He shrugged. "Just an uninteresting person who thought I would fall for her. Tsk." Neji answered. "C'mon man, the girl was super cute!" Keisuke insisted. "Besides, it's almost summer festival. Aren't you going to invite someone on a date?" He smirked. Neji looked the opposite way. "I'm not interested." He answered. Keisuke shrugged. "What about you, Aiko?" Her cousin asked. She shrugged as well. Actually, she hoped that Neji would ask her out. They had such a good chemistry. Was it real or was it just because of their team work?

"Hello, team!" An enthusiastic bushy brow guy jumped out of nowhere. "Are ya ready?" He asked them, shouting. Everybody was like 'yeah whatever'. "Let's get started! Today, we're going to work on balance, how to walk on a tree!"

"What kind of a training is that? Might as jump three times as an exercise. We can walk on trees already." Neji refused.

"Well... Actually... Not everyone." Keisuke answered. We all know whom he was referring to.

"I know, I know! You're strong prodigies while I'm a weak outsider. We get it, we get it!"

Keisuke sighed. He knew what he was doing and why he was doing it. "Don't take it the wrong way, sis. You know I love you-"

"My ass! You're constantly on me, telling me I have to quit instead of supporting me!"

"That's because I'm being honest. See, I am supportive of you becoming a lawyer, but not a shinobi."

"WHY?! Besides, it's none of your business anyway. My life my choice. Big bro was also treated as a weakling, but he turned out to be strong." She defended herself.

He shook his head. "He comes from a very powerful clan, the Uzumaki clan. Even this village carry their clan sign as the village's. He also has kyuubi sealed inside of him. It was pretty obvious that he was going to be strong."

"But you're not from a clan either, Keisuke. So I don't see your point."

"Just give it up, Aiko. This road isn't made for you. I'm going to talk to Karui about this!"

"DON'T YOU DARE! LIKE WHO THE F**** DO YOU THINK YOU ARE? I'VE BEEN HERE ALL ALONE IN THIS VILLAGE FOR YEARS. I HAVEN'T SEEN OR TALKED TO YOU. YOU NEVER EVEN LET ME KNOW YOU WERE MOVING IN HERE. AND NOW YOU DARE TO... YOU KNOW WHAT? SCREW YOU. I F*CKING HATE YOU!"

By that, she stormed off. Rock Lee wasn't really having it, neither Neji. "Now that she's gone, we can get started." Said Keisuke, relieved.

"Don't you feel bad about it?" The Hyuga prodigy questioned.