Chapter Five

As much as she was unwilling to let him go, Pandora knows she couldn't stop him from getting married, and starting a family of his own especially if that would make him happy.

She doesn't want to be the villain of his life, with all that he's done and sacrificed for her.

Pandora bites her lower lip, Twisting her hands on her lap. "So.. D-did the Party end early, that's why you were able to pick me up?" She asks hesitantly.

"Don't know." Priam states carelessly, busy piling up his and her's plate with food they both like.

"What do you mean you don't know?" Pandora asks, slightly panicked. Did she ruin his engagement party by being reckless? Sht! That's totally the opposite of what she's come to terms with!

"I don't know." Priam says, as if stating the obvious. He cuts up the sausage on her plate to bite sized pieces, his eyebrows furrowing in concentration. Pandora tends to swallow her food without chewing much- She likes acting like she hasn't eaten for weeks, which leads to her stomach hurting afterwards. In result, Priam has taken it upon himself to cut up her food no matter where or when as long as they eat together.

"Priam! I'm being serious right here. That's your engagement party, How could you not know if it ended early or not?" getting agitated, Pandora puts her hand on his to stop his movement.

"I don't know, because i didn't attend." Priam finally said, making eye contact with her.

Pandora's jaw drops. "B... H.. But why?" She splutters, her confused and panicked eyes darted around his face, trying to read his expression.

"Plain and Simple.. This is my life; Nobody has the right to tell me what to do, or not to do. My father may think that by announcing this arranged engagement to Public, i would be forced to accept.. But he has underestimated my hard headedness by a million miles."

"And besides.. I don't love her." Priam states, leaning back on his chair. Different types of emotion flashed through his eyes as he matched Pandora's gaze.

Pandora couldn't find her voice, Her mouth had opened and closed but no words came out. She knew first hand how hard-headed or stubborn Priam is; She's a witness of it, and Have been on the receiving end of it. It was likely to be Priam, To turn down the so-called beautiful Hi-So woman as his wife.

"And do you love someone?" She couldn't help but ask in a meek voice. Afraid, yet curious to learn the answer.

Priam didn't take a second to think about it, before nodding. Pandora's eyebrows shot up, "Who?"

"You."

Pandora felt like something had electrocuted her, which made her stand up straighter. "V-very funny Priam." She glares at Priam, not taking his words seriously.

Priam shrugs, Not speaking any further but wore a light-hearted smile on his lips.

"But, really... P, What you did will only infuriate your father further." Pandora says, worried for Priam.

Even before this, The father and son's relationship wasn't good. They barely talked, and barely interacted with eachother. Pandora could faintly remember, that the last time Priam and his father met was when Sr. Anarchy came home from Europe and even then, Priam had been forced to come.

"Who cares about what he feels? He surely never gave a flying fuck about mine." Priam grumbles, starting to eat his food.

"He's still your father P.." Pandora says softly.

"You know how badly i wish he wasn't.." Bitterness seeped in Priam's tone.