New Alternate Ending to Chapter Twenty

Posting this because I haven't posted anything in forever and I was working on it just right now. As for updates on stuff, I don't know when that'll happen again. The only thing I ever feel like working on is Better Than Revenge because it's familiar and sort of like a safe haven. 

So anyways, here's this to entertain you all and stuff. Enjoy! =) 

(I added a small part from Chapter 20 in case of confusion, but if you're still confused, just go back to the chapter.) 

*** 

I ignored his jab and said, “Scared?” 

“Of you? Don’t make me laugh.” 

I knew he would deny it, but I also knew that it was undoubtedly true. He was scared, just like I’d been scared when he said he was going to get back at me. Despite our brave fronts, the fact that we were constantly in the spotlight made this a very dangerous game. If this lasted too long… our reputations could be shattered. And he and I both knew that very well. Yet neither of us was willing to back down, all out of pride.

“Oh, but you will be. This is war.”

“I thought this was already war,” he pointed out smugly.

“I did, too,” I admitted. “But now I see that I was wrong. That was nothing compared to this. What you did was unforgiveable and showed that there are no limits here. So now it’s on. Now it’s war.”

Feeling like that was a good moment to make my exit, I did just that. The last thing I heard before I slammed the door shut behind me was Blake saying, “Dude. You’re screwed.”

I took his spare key with me, assuming it might come in handy sometime in the future. It came in handy in the very, very near future. Part of my plan began to form in my head, and for it to work, I needed private photos of Christian. To get those, I would have to break in again and find his camera. 

I ran through the side bushes until I got to the back of the mansion. The spare key didn’t work on the garage door, but it worked on the back door. I snuck in, tiptoeing out of fear of being discovered. It seemed silly to worry about being discovered after so blatantly breaking in before, but this time, I didn’t want Christian to know I was here.

The rest of his house was just as amazing as the part I’d seen before. There weren’t any lavish adornments, but frankly, I would have been surprised if there were. It was Christian-like this way.

After searching nine rooms to no avail, I had to admit something. I had no idea what I was doing. I was lost. This was place was just too big. It was like my first high school, and I’d spent the first few weeks getting utterly lost in that place.

To make matters worse, the tenth door I opened held something I hadn’t expected to find: a huge dog. I wasn’t scared of dogs, but I was kind of terrified of this thing.

It stared at me, half-growling and half-wondering if he should growl.

“Shh,” I whispered, holding up both my hands slowly. “It’s okay… nice doggy… I’m just here to steal your owner’s camera… that’s all… shh…”

It barked all of a sudden, scaring me out of my mind and making me jump. “Shh!” I whispered loudly. “Shut up!”

It walked towards me and I jumped back. “No, no, no reason to come closer,” I said quietly, shaking my head wildly. “Just gonna… run!” I sprinted past the dog, and in its confusion, it took a few steps forward and left the room. I slammed the door shut behind the dog, only realizing my mistake when I heard Christian’s voice. “What was that?”