Chapter Three

Everyone stands together, but none of them utter a single word as they allow the recording to play.

"Hello? Yeah, hey, I just wanted to leave this for 'ya since you made quite a poor career choice. Owner didn't mind, so long as I continued as an employee, so yeah. Uh...well, I suppose I should fill you in on the basics. I'm sure Mr. Boss left out a tad bit of information. Nothing serious or anything, as long as you're prepared, which you're nooot...okay so maybe it's serious for you individually, but you see, if Mr. Boss would just let me warn the guards before he hires them, we wouldn't have this problem anymore!"
The man in the recording sighs.

Everyone looks to Quillian, but she just shrugs.

"Oh well. So anyways, here's what you need to know.
Number one: the animatronics move. I mean, they aren't alive or anything, but their programming has been malfunctioning recently, and for some reason they see themselves responsible for roaming the halls in search of whatever it is that suits their fancy. Normally this would be completely harmless for you, but you're kinda working the night shift, so they won't exactly see you as a human. Instead they'll most likely see you as a naughty endoskeleton without his suit on, which is against regulations. I guess. This is dangerous because they've been known to snatch up our guards and stuff them into suits, which wouldn't be so bad if the suits weren't filled with wiring and stuff, and if they weren't so forceful with it. It doesn't kill everyone, but we have had a few deaths, so.
Number two: don't touch the animatronics. The owner will quite literally destroy you if a single thing is wrong with them come tomorrow morning. I guess he thinks that they are completely perfect as they are now or something. I dunno, the guy's a real creep, I'm tellin' 'ya. I mean, the last guy who left a message did it without permission, and uh. I mean.
Look, the boss is crazy.
Alright. Moving along.
To avoid the uh, stuffing, you should stay put here in this room and just keep checking your camera. Make sure you keep up with where they all are, and then just close whichever door you need to to keep them from entering the room, alright? Simple. You can handle that. I believe in you.
Number three: your power supply is limited. Keep a watch on that. If you lose power, the doors won't work, the camera will die, and even the emergency lights will cut off.
I'll uh. I'll give you a moment to process, alright? But don't stop the recording; there's a little more that you should probably know."
With that, the man stops speaking, but the recording continues in silence.

Coleco gives the doors a look of pure paranoia, and Quillian walks closer to the answering machine. Hikari scoffs and grins.
"What a dumb prank," she says, nudging Roxah.

Though Roxah is also logical enough to shrug off such a childish antic, she too glances at the doors nervously.

The man then continues.

"Okay, times up. Hope you've grasped this entire thing so far.
The only other things you need to know are simple.
Foxy, the only animatronic is disrepair, is quick. Much quicker than the others. I would guess this is because his legs are thinner, since they're just the endoskeleton and all, with no suit to hold them back. Be aware of him. He for some reason doesn't come out much unless provoked, though. Just don't watch him. Or glance at him. Or look at him in general.
Freddy, the singing bear, you know?, has figured out the whole air vent thing. Don't ask me how he fits inside, but he does. If you can't find him on the camera, be wary of whatever vent you may be near.
Uuuuhhh...good luck, I guess.
I'm sure you'll be fine. As long as you're careful, there's really nothing to worry about."

The answering machine then beeps, and the recording is finished. No one says anything for a moment or two. Finally Hikari breaks the silence.

"I know you guys aren't considering that to be truth," she says, rolling her eyes as Quillian glares at her.

"Don't pick on us," Coleco mutters, "It's creepy, alright?"

"Yeah but," Hikari walks over and sits in the chair, "Didn't you hear that guy's tone? He was a total smartass."

"Smartasses can be threatening too," Roxah points out.

"Loosen up," Hikari says, smirking at everyone, and ignoring Roxah's comment.

"I'm loose," Pipplyn says, waltzing right over to the left door. "I don't think this is a very funny prank at all. Child's play."

"Exactly," Hikari laughs. "It wasn't even put that well together! The guy could have at least stuffed a fake dead body into a suit and left it in here."

Coleco shudders. "Shutup, will you?"

Pipplyn, looking out of the door and into the hall, smiles. "You know...that's not a bad idea. I'll have to remember that one for sure."

"I swear to everything in existence, Pip," Quillian mutters, shuffling some random papers on the small desk, "If you even dare."

"Hey," Pipplyn says, turning back into the room, "You didn't call me Plip~"

"Why remind her?" Roxah asks, giving Pipplyn an inquiring look.

She shrugs; though truly the name 'Plip' has started to annoy her greatly. Quillian looks up and sticks her tongue out at both females.

Coleco backs against the wall behind the chair and everyone else. The look held on his face is one of pure nervousness, with a tinge of child-like fear. He wants to leave. Now.

Quillian has her back turned to everyone as she rummages through the papers: anything to keep her mind busy and off of the topic regarding the recorded message.

Roxah walks over to see what it is that Quillian is looking through as Hikari watches Pipplyn stride over and tease Coleco.

Across the entire building, standing atop the stage, three animatronic animals stand, frozen in practiced stance.

Roxah reaches over Quillian's arm and grabs a paper to examine, attempting to shove away her own paranoia as well.

Inside of a cold and velvet embrace, the broken one leans back against a wall, staring lifelessly at the black. He feels nothing.

Roxah reads the note, for this is what the desired paper turned out to be, and furrows her brow at the scribbled writing. She looks to Quillian, showing an expression that could be nothing other than what it appears, and the brunette offers her a confused stare in return.

Across the entire building, standing atop the stage, two animatronic animals stand, frozen in practiced stance.