So it all begins..

~Prologue~

The black-winged skeleton was sitting alone, watching one of his own kind. The other had blue markings, while green for his own. I wonder what he's up to.. he thought to himself. Suddenly, he heard rustling from beside him in the brambles. He swiftly looked towards it, alarmed at the sound. "Aire, what are you doing?" Asked a bright red-cloaked skeleton. "I was just watching Cross from the Callers," started Aire, "Nothing much." The cloaked skeleton responded with, "Well, alright. Don't be long, though. We need you back at the group," Aire, only half listening, said, "Ok. See you then, Retro." Retro went back to their group. He turned back to watch Cross, but he wasn't there. Where did he- Aire's thought was cut off as someone jumped on him from behind. He struggled to get them off, but he couldn't. He watched everything go blurry, then black.

~Chapter 1~

The moonlight was glistening upon the water. It shown brightly and was full. Error was on night watch and he was fully alert to any noise. A small, brown rabbit hopped among the bushel, and nibbled at the grass. Error started to stalk it. His group needed more food, as most of them were starving. The rabbit had no clue Error was there. He aimed his spear at the rabbit, and threw it. The spear killed the rabbit in an instant and Error took both things back to the others. The only one that was awake, other than Error, was Nightmare, the leader. He looked up at Error, and noticed his kill. "Good job. You can take the rest of the night off, if you'd like." Error nodded and said, "Ok. I'll stop for tonight," He set the rabbit in a small hole and leaned the spear on a tree. Error walked to a small patch of long grass that was matted, and laid down. He instantly fell asleep.

• • • • • • • • • • • • •{♤} • • • • • • • • • • • • •

Error woke from the sun shining upon his face. It felt warm and comforting. He looked around and noticed that Dust wasn't there. Must be doing the morning watches.. Error thought. His sleep was interrupted multiple times throughout the night, so he was tired. He got up and stretched. He noticed Nightmare standing across the plains, addressing orders to Horror. As Nightmare was finishing up, he looked over to Error and signalled for him to come over. Error followed the command and went over to Nightmare. "Yes, Nightmare?" Error asked, "I want you to do more hunting today. I've already addressed Dust to do the morning watch and for Horror to get more material for weapons. If those.. 'Wonders' didn't capture Killer, I would've let you rest." Error remembered the day they had lost Killer to the Wonders. The two groups had already had many conflicts before, but the Wonders never started it. Error walked to where his spear was the night before, but it wasn't there. Maybe someone moved it? He silently thought to himself. He looked around, high and low, and yet he still couldn't find it. Error started to get irritated, but then brushed it off. He could just grab one of his other ones. He grabbed a different spear and wandered into the forest.

Ink was resting in one of the few trees their territory had. He had a long, tiresome day, the day before. He noticed a buffalo grazing on some grass away from its herd. It hadn't seen Ink yet. Suddenly, an arrow pierced through the buffalo's head. It laid on the ground, lifeless. Dream walked up to it and took the arrow out. "Hello, Dream," Ink said. "Oh, hello Ink." Dream started, "As you can see, I'm just doing a bit of hunting." Ink didn't reply verbally, but instead gave a slow nod. Dream had help from Swap and Geno to bring the buffalo back to their group. Ink decided to jump down from the tree, as he wasn't too far up. He ended up breaking his calf, for he landed on the ground wrong. He laid on the ground, in pain. After a while, he tried to get up, but failed. Ink felt as though he was being watched. He mostly brushed it off, though. He tried to call for Dream.

But nobody came.

He cried out.
He yelled as loud as he could.
But yet, no one could hear his cries.
He didn't even bother trying to get back to his group. He laid there, still feeling like he was being watched. It was a stronger feeling since before. Ink looked around, but saw no one.

Darby was in his territory, washing clothing in a stream.  He didn't want to be with his group.  They had all been quarreling with one another over many things.  The water was flowing smoothly, barely any ripples or waves.  Darby stared at his reflection and grinned a little.  "Jeez, did I always look this ugly?" He asked himself in a joking way.  He finished up what he was doing and left the clothing near the stream to take it back later.  Darby always wanted to feel useful for once, but all he was called was useless and a disappointment.  He disliked his entire group except for Koi.  He and Koi had been best friends when they were little, and that bond hasn't broken since.  Darby started to question if he was harboring feelings for Koi.  There's no way me and Koi would work out.. Darby thought, with many mixed emotions.  He just wanted to tell Koi how he really felt, but feared that Koi would hate him for doing so.  Unexpectedly, a small rock hit the back of Darby's skull.  He turned around and saw no one.  "Hello?" He walked over to where it had come from.  He sifted around in the reed grass and found nothing.  Darby felt uncomfortable but tried to play it cool.  He didn't want to seem weak to the thing that was watching him, if anything.  He went back to clothing but it was gone.  Now he started to get anxious.  Darby knew what his group's leader would do if he found out he lost something they needed.  The wind whispered softly, and blew a cool breeze.  It felt nice against the hot, summer sun.  Darby walked back to his group, knowing he would be punished.  He tripped over something and fell into a small puddle of muddy water.  He looked back at what tripped him.  It was the clothes!  Darby picked them up and quickly went back to his group to explain what happened.

□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□

~End of Page one~

Sorry if it was short. My goal is at least 1,000 words per page :^)