Chapter one

"How many patients do I have today?"

"Um...twenty six."

"Thanks Miranda." I say, grabbing the stack of files from her desk before walking down the bright hallway to my office.

I shut the door, huffing as I dim the lights, my migraine only worsening from the light.

"Dr.Styles"

"Come in." I groan.

Can I not have two seconds of peace?

"Your first patient is here."

"Of course she is...I mean, I'll be right out." I wave Miranda off and I stand, walking out into the hall after taking one of the files of my patient.

I get to a small check up room and I see a older woman, 30, around my age. I open the file and see it's 'cant get pregnant'.

"So, Mrs....Murphy." I say as I scribbled some things in her file. "Please explain the problem."

"Well my husband and I have been trying for six months and nothing happened. I came to you because you're a women's....parr's expert."

"Vaginal analysis." I corrected her and she nods with a soft giggle.

I get the sorta girls, shy because I have my hands all over their privates but it's my job and strictly professional.

"Alright, lay back." I say, seeing as she is already naked and in the hospital night gown.

I spread her legs, pulling on my blue gloves as I start to put my fingers inside of her core.

She huffs, closing her eyes. Most women moan or even become wet but this is my job.

"Is it hard to become aroused?"

"No." She breathes, her eyes still closed as she breathes heavily.

"Alright, well you feel fine. Maybe try lube that helps fertilize the egg. And also try some pills if you'd like."

"Is that all?"

"Yep, you seem all good."

"Thanks Dr.Styles. Really."

"You're welcome, love." I say as I bid her a good day after I remove my gloves and wash my hands.

"How'd it go?"

"Good, file this for me will you?" I ask as I hand Hope my file and she happily takes it.

After I get to my office I huff, laying my throbbing head back on the cushioned back of my chair. My legs are propped up on my desk as I try to even my breathing.

Work is stressful and my wife most definitely isn't helping. Nagging at me for everything, always wondering about the women coming in.

She hates that I touch other women and she always tells me to quit and become something else but this is what I want to do. I help people, I'm not just a vaginal analysis expert- - I'm also a sergeant.

I save lives and help others create them. My job lately, though, has been stressful. Patient after patient, woman after woman, drunk after drunk. Plus I'm not getting sex anymore so that doesn't help.

God I just want to go home, have some whiskey and watch tv until I fall asleep on my couch and not get nagged at for once.

You forgot to pick up milk. How was work? Who did you finger today? You didn't sweep. You never pick up your dirty clothes. You're such a slob. How can you eat ice cream for dinner? Why don't you pay attention to me anymore? Do you love me? Are you tired? Why are you watching tv? Do you ever smile? Don't put your feet on the coffee table. Wash the dishes. I always make dinner why can't you make some for once? Can I do anything else for you? Can I have a kiss? Why do you always look so blank?