Chapter 32

[NORMANI'S POV]
   "Momma, will you help me?" Gina asks.

I chuckle, nodding my head and pulling her onto my lap. Dinah throws her arm over my shoulder and starts to play with my hair as she smiles at us. Regina hands me the roasting stick with her marshmallow on it as she leans backwards to rest against my chest.

"How do you want it?" I ask.

She shrugs, throwing her arms behind her to wrap around my neck. "I don't know. You decide."

"Do you want it gooey like Mommy's?" I ask.

Regina and I look over at Dinah, both of us giggling when we see the mess she made. Melted marshmallow all over her chin and the sides of her mouth, even some graham cracker crumbs to top it off. My eyes drop to her lips, seeing melted chocolate on her bottom lip. Before I can say anything, Dinah licks it away and pulls her bottom lip between her teeth.

   "M-hm, I'm right here." Gina says, clearing her throat.

   I giggle and look back towards her. I lean forward and rest her marshmallow over the fire with her in my lap. She grabs onto my hands and helps me hold the roasting stick.

   "I can have extra chocolate, right?" Regina asks.

   "Of course you can."

   "No."

   I look over at Dinah with furrowed brows, waiting for an explanation.

   "It's getting late. The last thing you need is all this sugar, let alone more sugar." She says to Gina sternly.

   "Mommy! We're on vacation!" Regina pouts.

   "We are. During a school week." Dinah says, raising her brows to hint towards her annoyed tone. "Just because we're on vacation doesn't mean you get to fuck up your sleeping schedule."

   She huffs leaning back against my chest. "Two squares."

   "One." Dinah argues.

   "Two!" She whines.

   "One!" Dinah growls.

   "One." Regina murmurs, crossing her arms over her chest.

   I roll my eyes, pulling her marshmallow away from the fire. "Blow the fire out, bug."

   Regina does as told, blowing the fire out that had engulfed her marshmallow. Ally holds out a graham cracker with two squares of chocolate instead of one, giving both Gina and I a knowing look. Regina giggles and watches as Ally helps me make her s'more for her.

   Ally gives us a wink before going back to help the other kids. Gina smiles and takes a giant bite of her s'more, resulting in gooey marshmallow getting all over her face. I chuckle and start to clean her face as she moans at the taste of the sweet dessert in her mouth.

   "Baby, can we go for a walk?" Dinah asks.

   "Uhm, I guess. Where to?" I ask, still cleaning up Gina's chin.

   "On the beach. Can we go?"

   "Yeah, sure." I agree, noticing the urgency in her voice.

   I'm not all that concerned about leaving our family since we've been out here for some hours now. Talking and telling stories. When the sun had start to set the twins decided to start telling scary stories. Even though the only people they actually scared were Ally and Seth. It wasn't until Dinah had to comfort a crying Seth when we decided that since we're at the firepit we should make s'mores. It cheered him up nonetheless.