As the Snow Fell

We stand five feet apart. Tension building in the air. No contact for months, not even a whisper of his existence and yet he is all that goes through my mind all day, everyday. We can only meet during winter, as the snow falls into glistening piles along the bare tree branches. I look deep into his eyes and he looks back. I go to open my mouth, but he beats me to it.
   "Oh, Emilee, I've missed you so much..." I smile.
   "Oh, Danny." I race forward and wrap my arms around his neck, I feel his muscles tighten and relax. He hugs me back, tightly. "Danny, oh, Danny. I wish I could see you all year round, day after day." I kiss his neck. He chuckles.
   "My love, you'd bored of me. If I don't travel I have no stories and without my stories I'm nothing. I'm a shell." I shake my head. It's just not true. I love him and that means all of him.
   "Not possible, you underestimate my love...you are my life!" As I say it he kisses me. A kiss so deep and passionate I forget who's air I'm breathing. I forget any troubles. I forget everything that isn't this warm body pressed against me. His hand in my hair and on my waist. His lips on mine, tongues meeting shyly. We can only meet in winter, and I think I'm okay.