The Beginning ( Part 1 )

•Drift•
I was walking to Rex's apartment, it wasn't far from mine so I didn't need to drive. I got there in 15 minutes, Rex greeted me at the door and invited me in, I went to the living room and sat on the couch. Rex gave me an Xbox controller to play Super Smash brothers," Ready to lose," Rex said. "In your dreams." Rex has been a friend of mine since I got transported form the rift a year ago, I still miss my family but not my dad.

• 3 hours later •

"Damn, it's already 10:37 pm." I say, "You wanna get a snack from the shops?" Rex asked. I nodded in response as I rushed outside the door down the stairs, it took Rex 3 minutes and I told him to hurry. "Chill my dude, let's go."

I ran down the side walk and slipped into the shop just in time, the worker seemed annoyed and gave me a glare. I went straight to the candy aisle and looked for a specific candy bag, Rex was probably getting drinks. After a minute or so we both meet up in the frozen food aisle, "What do you wanna get, pizza?" Said Rex," Sure also.....your paying."

I ran down to the front of the store and heard him yell my name saying," WAIT WHAT!?"

I got to the cash register and Rex soon followed, we put are things on the counter and Rex pulls out his debt card. " Will that be all for you?" Said the cashier with attitude, "Yup!" I say a little to loud.

Once Rex paid we walked out of the shop back to his apartment,"Wanna eat at the park?" Said Rex, "This late at night?" I say a bit worried about the thing that could happen. " Sure it will fun!" I nod in response. We then took a left and headed down to the park.

• Sanctum •

It was pretty late and I knew this was the perfect time for any late runners or just weird people out and about at this time, I yell at Dusk wondering if she wants to get some easy targets. " Nah I'm good, Riverdale season 4 came out and I want to see Archie shirtless."

I just shrug at her response and run to the castle ledge, pull out my wings, and then just jump off and take flight. I think I'm gonna head to the track to see any late night runners.

• 7 minutes later •

I got to the track and landed in a tree, I saw someone and looked to be a female. She had a cowboy hat on her, "Why would someone run this late at night?" I mumble to myself. She then went to the bench back turned, probably getting a water bottle, as she is going through her bag I leap out and catch her out of surprise.

"What the fuck!?" She yelled. I put a little spell on her to be frozen in place, once that was done I take a bite to the neck. She whimpered and once I felt satisfied I let go of her, she falls onto the floor, "She seems asleep." I say. I heard voices and got the hell out of there, "Next stop, the park."

•Drift•

Once me and Rex got to the park with the bag of stuff in my hand we go to a bench, I sit and Rex sits next to me. But after I sit down he looks around as if something or someone was near "Did you hear that?" I look up confused asking what he heard, "I thought I heard something in the tree behind you." Said Rex, " haha very funny." I say sarcastically.

He the just shrugs and grabs his stuff out of the bag, I put my drink on the floor beside me and get my candy bag. Me and Rex just start talking about life and how we are doing, till I reach down to get my drink but I couldn't feel it. Confused I look down and don't see it, "AHHH!" I heard Rex yell. I looked up confused and scared wondering why Rex screamed but once I lifted my head up he just ran off. I then turned around to see faint red eyes in the tree leaves behind me.

I was horrified of what I was seeing but a quick second and it or should I say 'he' jumped down," I didn't mean to frighten you and your friend, but I was looking for some easy targets to feast on!" He then lunged at me. I managed to dodge it and run off but while doing so I felt my body get tired and weak, I crashed onto the floor hearing a laugh in the background. Suddenly everything becomes foggy and my eyes started to close.
————————————-——-—————————
• Author •

Thanks for reading the first part, this is my first story so sorry if it is bad. If you liked it then tell me in the comments. Anyway, thanks again!