Proposal and Outline

TO: Professor H***

FROM: S***** J****

DATE: 9/26/2019

SUBJECT: BTS

RESEARCH QUESTION:

Why should people listen to BTS and support their messages within their music based on their social status?

PROJECT SUMMARY:

The article, "I wasn't a fan of BTS. And then I was." by Lenika Cruz is about how a non fan of BTS was so moved by one performance that she had gotten hooked on them. She saw them only once before wanting to get to know each member and the band as a whole. She explains what the appeal of BTS is to her and has her own opinion on many different aspects of the band. I chose this article because I found it interesting that this one person has so much to say about BTS and it made my heart happy when I was reading through it. I have been a fan of BTS for over four years now and I'm so happy that I am able to write something about the thing I'm passionate about.

The sub topics I will be covering will be about what kinds of messages BTS put into their songs to make them more controversial than most other songs. I will talk about their amazing connection with their fans and how much they cherish every moment spent with them. I will also talk about how BTS changes people for the better and never for the worst, including my own experience when BTS was introduced to me when I was at a very low point in my life and BTS literally saved my life.

People should listen to and support BTS because they convey beautiful messages within their music, they have an unbreakable bond with their fans and they change lives for the better.

SCHEDULE OF COMPLETION

Research Proposal and Outline              completed by          September 27

Annotated Bibliography                             completed by          October 25

Research Paper First Draft                         completed by           November 6

Research Paper Second Draft                   completed by           November 13

Research Paper Final Draft                        completed by           November 22

WORKING THESIS

I. Messages

   - Spring day is a tribute to the victims of the 2014 Seoul ferry disaster

   - Lights is about BTS' never ending love for one another, the world, and their fans

II. Bonds

    - They do anything for their fans (name examples)

    - Several members have repeatedly stated that their fans are the main reason that they are where they are because of them

III. Life changing

    - BTS is all about loving themselves and you could see them change throughout the years (example: "Use me to love yourself.")

    - Once you see them once, you can't get them out of your head (Example: personal experience)