|Ten| Cant sleep? |

C A S S I E
Saturday, July 1st, 2017

I fell asleep early again last night. At least this time I was in my bed. Unfortunately for me, falling asleep before eight meant waking up in the middle of the night. I awoke to the familiar hot tingling sensation on my scar.
"God damn night terrors," I grumbled, rubbing my shoulder. I laid in bed trying to fall back asleep but the flames on my shoulder wouldn't cool off. I sighed and reached for my phone on the nightstand. I was momentarily blinded as the light of a thousand suns shone from my phone screen. It was two in the morning. Great. At least I had time to fall back asleep eventually. I saw there was a few notifications from the group chat.

7:43PM

|M| "Did you die in the shower or something? It's been an hour lol."
|M| "Cass?"
|M| "Can one of you check on her, please."
|A| "Go check for yourself you lazy bitch."
|T| "She's passed out in bed."
|M| "Oh. Okay."

"Damn I fell asleep early."
Rolling out of bed, I started my quiet quest to find and icepack. Unlike home, I was quite unfamiliar with the place and needed to feel the walls for a sense of direction. When I walked into the kitchen, moonlight faintly illuminated the room. Standing by the sink was a tall figure of a man and at first I panicked until the figure spoke,
"Oh shit!" They quietly gasped. It was Tyler. "Christ Cassie, I thought you were an intruder," He chuckled.
"Bro, how the do you think you look, lurking around in the dark kitchen,"
"What are you doing up?"
"Fell asleep too early," I sighed. Tyler took a sip of his water.
"Mm, right. Did you need something? Water?" Tyler offered me a sip from his cup.

"Uh yeah actually, do you guys have an icepack?" I questioned. Tyler scrunched his eyebrows with concern,
"Uh yeah let me get you one, are you okay?" He grabbed a small blue back from the fridge, then wrapped it in a towel.
"Yeah-yeah, I'm fine, just my shoulder is acting up," I informed him, rubbing my shoulder gently. I thanked him as he handed me the ice, pulling down the collar of my shirt to reveal my bare shoulder. I groaned as the coldness hit my skin.
"Do you have constant shoulder pain like that a lot? Are you seeing a physiotherapist?" Tyler asked, coming close to exam my arm.
"Oh, no, not pain like that. I sometimes get nightmares that bring back the feeling of my shoulder burning. Just need to put ice on it for a minute and it goes away." I smiled and leaned against the island counter.

"Oh. You get nightmares about what happened? Have you seen a therapist about it?" Tyler asked.
"Dude stop telling me to go to different doctors," I chuckled, "but yeah I did as a kid when I wasn't paying for my own insurance."
"Are you not on insurance anymore?"
"Uh, a cheap one but I am," I gave a shrug, then put away the icepack. Tyler frowned,
"We will put you on Mark's then while you're here."
"No-no don't do that,"
"That wasn't a yes or no question."
"Damn okay. Thank you," I hopped up on the counter, still not quite eye to eye with Tyler.

"Of course," Tyler placed his hands on my knees, rubbing his hands up and down them, smiling kindly at me.
"So, why are you up anyway?" I asked.
"Just one of those late nights," He replied, leaning closer in between my legs.
"I don't think I'm gonna be able to fall back asleep, I feel wide awake," I scrunched my nose while frowning. 
"I think I can help with that, come here," Tyler grinned. Before I could hop of the counter, he wrapped his arms around me and slid me off the surface. I crossed my legs behind his back and giggled as he started carrying me around the corner to what I assumed to be his room.

Tyler closed the door when we entered and immediately had me pushed against it. His lamp dimly lit the room, casting a shadow on his face. I now understood how he planned to help me sleep. He stared at me, looking me up and down with hooded eyes as if he was deciding what he was going to do with me. I had a hard time keeping eye contact, nervous with anticipation. Tyler held a tight grip on my thighs as he began to kiss my neck sloppily. He trailed up to my jaw, then finally embracing me in a kiss. He pushed his body against me, holding me tightly against the door. I placed my hands on his cheeks as we kissed. For a moment there was a fight for dominance that I clearly wouldn't win. I tried to push my tongue into his mouth but he denied my entrance and bit down on my lower lip. I accepted the role of submission and let him slide his tongue into my mouth. He felt around my mouth, and suddenly I felt bad for having sleep breath.