The Devil You May Know

"We killed this," Star says as she puts the iPad down

"We killed this," Star says as she puts the iPad down. Right now we're having lunch with
Jahlil at a diner.

"Simone pass the that-"

"-It is so dope though-"

"-See I put my balls on the line for y'all. Took a big chance. So now y'all better start listening to me. Cause I'm gonna manage you, "Jahlil tells us and Star smiles at him.

"You booked us at a house party Jahlil it's like you got us meeting some record execs-"

"-Damn Alexandra. Cold-blooded-"

"-Please let the man talk-"

"-Oh I will-"

"-Nah nah it's cool. Just running me through my paces, I can respect that.. There's a big music festival coming here in Atlanta. And it's got a Honda's stage. And it's the perfect venue for me to introduce you to the world," Jahlil tells them and Star looks around.

"So book us-"

"-There's steps to these thing. There's a radio contest, an EPK. You gotta submit a demo, and the deadline is in two days. You ready for that little girl?-"

"-Yes.. The question is do you have enough money? Or better yet do you know expensive it-"

"-Oh I know how much they cost, I already booked the studio. Why don't you just worry bout the music-"

"-Faith Miss Atheist. Faith-"

"-Child bye. Look I'm bout to go see Derek-"

"-Who's Derek?-"

"Yeah I'm gonna chill with Roc-"

"Who's Roc?-"

"-None of your business. Look if you wanna manage us. Show me the money," I tell Jahlil as we start walking out.

"-Please don't be late to the salon, I really don't wanna hear her mouth today!" Star says and we chuck the deuce up.
------------------------------------
"Damn it Roc! You're gonna fuck around and make me want to have your babies!" I tell him making him laugh while he throws out the condom before laying back in bed.