Restless

This is the final book of the series. Let's give this a go shall we? Thanks, everyone for being on this emotional roller coaster alongside me.

              Song: Loneliness
      By: Only Piano

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Natsu

"LUCY!" I extended my arm out, frantically trying to grasp for her as she was fading into darkness. She looked up to me, tears staining her face as her dull eyes locked on mine. "Please, Sweetheart you have to reach! Grab my hand!" I cried out before being dragged away, not knowing who or what was trying to rip me away from my Love. Lucy only stared at me, sinking deeper into the unknown shadows. "Lucy! Please, I'm begging you, TAKE MY HAND!"

Lucy closed her eyes before lowering her head. "I'm so sorry..." Lucy whispered. The darkness she was falling into consumed her without warning. Her beauty, her light, it was gone. "NO! LUCY! PLEASE LUCY COME BACK!" With a final push, I managed to escape the unknown hold and struck down to nothing. I stood up, sharply turning to see where I was. This area reminds me of the Abyss. A dark place that only gives you solitude. But this place...it took her.

She was gone.

Without Lucy here I felt torn in half. The weight in my heart ceased away while all the pain I was holding in just withered. I felt lifeless...empty. "Lucy...don't go," I whimpered before falling on my knees. The world became colder without her presence, and I was lost forever. "LUCY~!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I cried out of my slumber after tearing the sheets from tossing in my sleep. I was sitting, panting and heaving because of the nightmare I have lived through. This wasn't my first nightmare, however, it was a familiar dream I have suffered through. The darkness, Lucy, and watching her being taken. For almost two months I've been haunted by these terrifying dreams. What makes it even worse was how realistic they are. The scent of blood plunged my scent and the temperature was so cold it brought me chills. I only felt fear until the last moments of feeling nothing. It made me wake up with a cold sweat of how cruel the nightmares were.

"Dammit." I exhaled after rubbing the back of my neck. These two months were supposed to be me and Lucy to finally relax, but it's been the opposite for us both. While I simply can't get sleep, Lucy has been running around Aria nonstop. She hasn't been speaking to me, and we haven't even been spending time together after we came to Aria. The arrival to Aria wasn't as heartwarming as we expected.

We found out the hard way that Adroath is dying.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After we made it off the train Lucy was ecstatic to see her people and to talk to Adroath once more. The last time I saw the old man was when I left for Starlight to train with Talon. From what I heard after I returned he just left out of nowhere, so it was nice to finally see why he did.

When the people of Aria saw us they were so happy to see their Light Goddess, but there was no party that night for her. While I was lingering behind Lucy, the twins, Natalie and Savannah, approached her without any smiles. "We're so happy to see you, Lady Lucy." Said Savannah taking Lucy's hand. Lucy nodded in return. "I don't understand why I see my people struck with sadness. I've come home once more!" Lucy looked around. "Where's Adroath?"