Rejecting Love & Life

Can I just begin saying I'm very sorry about this chapter? :'3

Song: Adagio for Strings
By: Samuel Barber

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Lucy~

There was a huge afterparty when the ceremony was over. It started around the evening, but now it was close to being dark. As the sun drew down so did the temperature, however, the party wasn't going to die down whatsoever. It was a smart idea for the party to be in a big tent that was opened on both sides. It was so large there were four dozen tables sprawled on the hardwood floor, and in the center, there was a massive dance floor that could somehow fit all of us. With everyone dancing together no one could be cold, and with the tent being open no one should get hot either. The guild really did their homework on the afterparty.

I was still in my bridesmaid gown sauntering on the floor with the other girls as we laughed and partied together. Mira still wanted to talk to me yet somehow I was able to wriggle myself to talking to her. At least for now I could. Later on the night, the slow dances commenced. The bride and groom were the first ones to dance to the song they selected together. As we were sitting at our tables watching, I felt a familiar presence show up to the party. My mouth curled into a smile to know he actually made it. I leaned over to whisper to Natsu. "I'll be right back," I said in his ear when he nodded. "Take my coat," he replied glancing over to me. "I don't want you to get cold." I just rolled my eyes when I picked up his coat that was resting on his chair. "Thank you," I said placing a kiss on his cheek before standing to welcome the guest I invited.

I left the warmth of the tent when I mentally thanked Natsu again that he gave me his coat. It was really chilly outside when you're not partying. On the outskirts of the forest, the tall man materialized from the dense thicket with his same elegant outfit and cane. His platinum blond hair was in a high ponytail as his lavender eyes gazed into my hazy brown irises. "Hello, Love." He said smiling lovingly. I yanked him into a hug inhaling the scent of coffee ground and cremè. "I'm so happy you could make it," I replied in return not pulling away. His arms fastened tightly around me while his chin rested on my head. When we always greet each other, Hades and I were invariably close together. But as we continue to interact, it becomes harder to stand close to him. A part of me wants to stay in his arms as the other part has to stray away from holding Hades for too long. "As I said, I wouldn't miss it for the world." We both pulled away still gazing in each other's eyes. Hades released his cane willing it to vanish before he adjusted his pristine white gloves he was always wearing. "So, the ceremony went well I suppose?"

"More than that! You should've seen Jellal, he wanted to kiss Erza so bad he had to keep resisting himself from just pulling her face to him! It was so sweet you would have loved it." Hades chuckled causing what seemed like a growl to come out of his chest. My cheeks made a light blush when I twirled around with his hand still in mine. "You're going to join us for the night right? This party isn't going to end for some time." The Bringer kept on smiling strolling beside me. "It took a while but I managed to sneak away from the Gods attention. They seem focused on other sorts as of now." My mood dampened to hear about the Gods. "Probably some other ways to put an end to me." I felt Hades use his hand to pull my chin up. "No Love. There are things I wish I can tell you, but I still can't. I made a vow to stay silent, and until you can remember I can't speak of it." His hand stroked my cheek until it parted from my skin. For a moment I wished he kept his hand there for a second longer. "Let's not talk about the Gods right now. I want to catch up with you! And I want you to congratulate the happy couple as well!" I grabbed Hades's hand as we marched off back into the canvas tent that held the party. There was another slow dance, but this time the floor was open for anyone to dance. I pardoned and excused for people to make way to reach Erza and Jellal never letting Hades hand go.