Chapter 1:The mysterious sounds

Read it with the sound effects for better involvement in the story.

"Here Edith set the ball for me" Thomson shouted as he jumped to make a strike in the volleyball court. "Here" Edith said as set the ball for Thomson who hit it perfectly and scored a point for his team.

"Ooh those boys look hot. Who are they?." asked Juliet."Not even a minute into the colony, your eyes started searching for boys eh.? teased Clara "Feels good to be back. " Juliet shrugged."Who them?"said Clara, pointing at Thomson and Edith. "Dont point at them!" Juliet snarled. Okay okay. I'm sorry.

The guy wearing a black sleevless shirt with blonde hair and emerald green eyes is Edith. He is the most hottest guy in our school, the man of every girl's heart and...a player.

"Hah! Expected this."

"The other guy wearing a neon green sleevless with chestnut brown hair and grey eyes is his brother, Thomson. He is the most brainiest child in the homeroom. It is rumoured that he has more IQ than all of the teachers IQ put together.

" Woah"

And, he doesn't look that bad either"
Clara shrugged

"Heeey! I see you girl."

"Sh... Shut up Juliet." said Clara as her ears turned pink

Hmm... A hotty and a smarty pants, is it? Interesting.

Edith saw at Juliet and winked at her

Juliet blushed a fifty shades of red.

Thomson looked at Clara and waved. Clara blushed slightly as she waved back.

"Alright boys it is time for a break." the refree announced.

"Hey Clara, your boyfriend is coming this way."said Juliet as she giggled

"He is not my boyfriend. Understood" snarled Clara.

"Hey Clara is this your friend?." asked Thomson startling Clara.

Y..yes she is. Her name is Juliet. Juliet, this is my friend Thomson.

"Hi there. I heard a lot about you from Clara."

"Is it?" asked Thomson raising one of his eyebrows eyeing Clara who was turning pink.

"What did she tell you?"asked Thomson still eyeing Clara.

Nothing much. Just about how brainy you are.

Thomson laughed as he placed a hand on Clara's shoulders.

"There is more to me than just being a brainy nerd kid you know." he said as he smiled sweety.

Juliet smirked

"Hey, never seen you around here. Newbie?" interrupted Edith as he approached them with his million dollar smile.

"Umm... Not really... I left for California a few years ago as my father who is a army officer was transferred but now he got a promotion and was posted back here."

"Hmm... You must be excited to be back."

"You have no idea."

"Oh! Where are my manners? I am Edith. A pleasure to meet you."

"Juliet. And same here." she replied giving him a firm handshake.

Just then the refree blew the whistle which indicated that the break was over

"Kay see you around Juliet and bye Clara. "he said as the players began to assemble in the court again.

Thomson made a strike but it bounced of it and broke the glass of the house next to them and fell in.

"Shit"cursed Thomson. "Come on guys let's bring the ball back." Thomson said to his friends.

"From there! No way. That house is haunted" said one. "Yeah. Many people have claimed to have seen a ghost and it was all over the newspapers.

"Guys, do you believe this cooked up story? Edith interrupted. "I bet there is a some great valuables inside that house which the government doesn't want us to know."

"Whatever it may be, we are not willing to take that risk." said another one. Everyone agreed. "Huh! You all are chickens. Come on Thomson, we shall go and bring the ball back.

They approached the house. Thomson gupled. " Sh.. Should we really go in there. "I am going in. Come in if you want." said Edith as he proceeded to open the door. The door opened with a squeaking noise."No wait don't leave me alone here"shouted Thomson as he followed his brother.

The reached the main door and found it unlocked.

They slowly entered the house. The door behind them slammed shut. Thomson immediately panicked. "Edith, we must leave at once. I don't feel so good about this place. I am getting a weird and spooky vibe.

"Don't be a scardy cat Thomson"Edith said. We made it this far, so why can we go further?

I think so.

They then entered the main hall.

" Woah! This hallway is huge" Edith exclaimed.

"Well, according to the sources it was the summer palace of King Edinburgh in his time of reign. It was built around 11 BC. But due to some happening of an unfortunate incident, it has been closed ever since. It is said that the King Edinburgh killed his own queen because she betrayed him by having an affair with the Chief general of the army. explained Thomson

So what...

Shh... Do you hear that sound? whispered Thomson.

There was a soft sobbing heard.

You will regret this. A voice said

"Someone is there upstairs" Thomson whispered

Edith nodded as they followed the sound of the voice.

They then saw a staircase leading to the floor above them.

As they were about to climb it, a loud noice was heard.

Clang. Crash.

It sounded like someone had thrown down a pile of utensils.

Then, slowly footsteps were heard.

Stomp Stomp Stomp

It felt like someone was coming down the stairs.

A shadow was creeping down the wall.

Edith, run! Thomson shouted bolting for the staircase.

Wait for me. said Edith as he ran after Thomson.

The chandelier above them crashed onto the ground right behind them.

They reached for the door job.

Ughh. It's jammed.

Make it faster Edith.

The sound of the footsteps increased.

Thomp Thomp Thomp

Edith faster.

Aargh. shouted Edith as the door opened.

Run. Shouted Thomson.

A shadow reached right behind them.

Author's note:

Hey guys that is it for today. What do you think of it?.Give me some encouragement by commenting down below on how the story was. So yeah that pretty much it. It is your beloved author signing out.