The Wedding Lust.

With all friends, relatives and others converging to Goa for the wedding, it was natural that a large number of people were strangers to each other. We all assembled at the wedding venue for the pre-wedding day fun - mehendi and get-together. My friend and neighbour was getting married here (in Goa) and I was representing my family here. As a college student i was not a 'minor' to be mandatorily accompanied by a parent. We had parked our luggage at the concierge. We would be allotted our rooms later after dinner. Thank god, we didnt have to lug the baggage around.

As the evening wore on, the guest just kept popping up and the festive atmosphere was getting more and more participatory. Being alone, i just kept looking around trying to find someone interesting, eye-catching and conversation worthy. The few people who walked over were more or less other neighbours asking me to 'enjoy' the party. 

There were more than 300 people (perhaps more) some from the bride's side and others known to the groom. As i was standing in a outer circle of the chairs arranged in a circular arena, i suddenly felt someone next to me offering a colddrink. As i looked at him, i felt an electric feel. Before i could say yes or no, i felt a orange juice filled glass being thrust into my hand. I just nodded, but couldnt take my eyes off him. He looked at me with expressive eyes, turned and walked on. Suddenly he was the hottest guy for me in the whole place. Sipping the orange juice, my eyes followed him. He seemed oblivious to my follow. My heartbeats flickered. I felt a tightness in my chest. WOW! who is this guy? I wanted to fantasize of him. Tonight I would 'spew' with him in my thoughts. Who is this guy.

Amid the thoughts, Someone pulled away the glass and holding my hand pulled me towards the central circle. I was confused. Our friendly neighbour 'compere' recited my name and announced that I "Dhanush" the winner of the recent society dance competition would present a dance and entertain all. I was OK. I loved to dance, but this was unexpected. I took the mic and added that anyone else who would like to join are welcome! Being a popular song, it was easy to dance through. A few girls and guys joined in. It was fun. I was surely better than all of them. I looked around for 'the guy' but didnt find him around.

I finished receiving the encore and walked off back to the outer circle. I soon became a star with many walking up to congratulate me on the performance. Some small kids were dancing now. My interest in the entertainment was limited to having a peek at the ongoing show and spend the remaining time 'searching' for "HIM". Either he was a service staff or a member of the bride's party. Where was he?

Another announcement for another popular song to be performed by a trio of a guy 'Indraneel' (Indro) and a girl (Manisha). It was a famous song, but I was bored as I had danced to this song several times in college functions and competitions. I looked at the decked up girl, in village attire. Nice folk attire. A guy walked in wearing a red kurta and simple waist cloth turban. His gait was attrative. The famous song from Lagaan 'Radha kaise na jale'. When I looked at the guy, i knew it was HIM.

My eyes fixed on him. My eyes salivated at his expressions, moves and wowed at the dance steps. I wanted to be the 'radha' in the song. I soon felt a twinge of jealousy. Wish I could dance with him. Wish I could man-handle him. The urge was getting stronger. I now knew his name. I wanted to know more about him. I was determined to know him 'inside-out'. I just had 1 day to know him. We all (the groom's party) would leave with the bride the next day late afternoon. I now knew, he was a neighbour of the bride, living in the same apartment building. Indra, Indra Indra, i kept saying, feeling the name sound even warm and glowing. I heard voices next to me. Comparing my dance with him. The style and poise. I felt happy. 'Our names' coupled well. Indro-Dhanush (meaning Rainbow). After the dance ended, some girls gushed and wished him for his performance. Manisha too was warmly received. I had to find a way to know him better. He walked away out of the arena and my eyes followed him. I realised he was gonna change his attire. I waited patiently focusing on the area he walked away from. Performances went on. Suddenly i heard my name called out again on stage. 8 names were called out - Indro too, Manisha too. I saw him stride over. He had a dazzling smile. His every move was right after my heart. Somehow the want for him was increasing. All were sweating, i was sweating more. I didnt know what kind of person he was. We stood in a semi-circle to receive 'best' entertainment recognition from the bride and groom. I was 2nd from the right and he was at the end. I had a complete view of him. My eyes wandered to see him. Suddenly i felt his look at me. I looked away. Did he catch me? His smile remained the glowing joy for me. After receiving the gifts, we all walked over to each other and shook hands for a round of congratulations. I took his hand, he was smiling - "you dance well dude" he said. I smiled 'you too'. I was lost in holding his hand. All were leaving the center circle. I held his hand and pulled him along. He was surprised. I realised my folly. I let his hand lose. 'Who did you train under?' I asked. I didnt want to lose him so fast. But he had other ideas. He said 'lets catch up after dinner- i have to help out the family'. Without looking back he went off. Did he 'reject' me? Oh!