Impossible (A Vampire Academy Fanfiction)

Impossible

*Rose's POV*

No. No no no no no no! This is impossible! Not happening! 

I quickly threw away the small stick and walked out of the bathroom and threw myself on the bed. I tried to sleep, but all I could see when I closed my eyes was that little pink plus sign and how angry Dimitri will be when I tell him. I tossed and turned restlessly in my bed, angry at everything. 

About two hours after I found out the shocking information, I heard a knock at the door. I knew immediately that it was Dimitri trying to be a gentleman and not just barge into my room, even though I told him he can just use the key I gave him. Trying to wipe away my tears and any evidence I was sad and ran over to open the door. No one was there, but a vase full of roses was on the ground in front of my door. Once I picked them up, I noticed a card in the flowers. It read:

Roza,

Meet me at the lake at 8:30.

Love, Dimitri

Flowers? Meeting at the lake where I was sure he was planning dinner or something? Was it Valentine's day? No. Birthday? Nope. 

It took me a few minutes to figure it out. Our year anniversary! It has been exactly one year since we have started officially dating. Crap! How did I forget that?! Oh well, doesn't matter now. I checked the time and it was 7:50. So I have 40 minutes to get ready! 

I quickly ran back to my room and found something to change into, something perfect. The black dress from the night we almost slept together. After quickly taking a shower, doing my hair, and doing my makeup, it was 8:25. I high-tailed it to the park, only to be shocked.

There was a table set up with pure white tablecloth and candles. "Wow..." I whispered. I looked around for  Dimitri, but I couldn't find him anywhere.

That's the only reason I jumped when two arms wrapped around my waist and a pair of lips kissed my neck. "Sorry to frighten you Roza. Happy one year anniversary." said Dimitri in his faint Russian accient. 

I quickly turned around, feeling a bit nauseous. "Happy anniversa-" I started, but I quickly turned around and vomited. "Rose!" Dimitri immediately went into action and helped me over to a chair after I puked.

"Roza, are you okay? Do you need anything?'

"I'm fine Dimitri. Just um... not feeling that good..." I avoided looking in his eyes, because he would know I was lying. I knew this was morning sickness, which didn't alway happen in the morning which was stupid. I didn't even have to look at him to know he didn't believe everything I was saying.

"You're hiding something from me. What's going on?"  I looked up at him, cranning my neck all the way up since I was sitting and he was standing which made him much taller then me.

"You wouldn't believe me Dimitri. I don't even believe it. It's nothing." I said, trying to keep my voice strong. I grabbed a glass of water, ignoring the champagne since I couldn't have alcohol, and took a sip. The ice water in my throat felt amazing. 

"Rose, tell me." He said, seeming a bit worried. 

"No."

"Yes."

"No Dimitri."

"Roza, tell me now!"

"Fine! I'm pregnant!!!" I yelled. I immediately shut my eyes, not wanting to see the look on his face. I heard a very slight thud and when I opened my eyes, I saw Dimitri on the ground. 

The strongest man I know has fainted.