3. What Do You Want?

The next few days have been the usual. Farrell ignoring me, me ignoring him. Just how I like it.

"Hey.'' I look up from my daydream to see a boy who I have been sharing classes for the past few weeks now. Probably in his twenties.

I turn my body to look behind to see if I'm actually the one he's talking to only to find no one there. "Uh... can I help you?"

He only smiles at the response. "I'm Alex Barnes. You've got a mouth. I like it."

"Everybody's got one. Heidi Morris." I say as I adjust my seat.

He chuckles then places his elbow on my table and his hand on his face. "Anyway, I was wondering if you could join the whole batch this Saturday? We're kinda having a field trip to Manhattan Beach along with Farrell. You wanna come?"

Okay, I'm not gonna lie. But I really do need a dip. "Maybe."

"Okay, great. Uh, I'll pick you up at 7 Where do you live?" He exclaims.

I give him my address on a paper and he takes it after I write the last letter. "Will we have tents or will we stay in a hotel?"

He shoves my address in his jacket pocket before responding, "Uh, we'll be staying in a hotel."

I give him a spaced-out look. "Actually, you know what, I change my mind."

He gestures his hands as if to calm me down with wide eyes. "No, I forgot to say uh, the school will pay for our stay, dude. Don't worry."

"You need to calm down, man. I was only joking." I smile, resting my hand on his shoulder before taking it off.

He swallows. "So, you comin'?"

I pretend to think for a moment, then smile. "I fucking will."

****

Saturday 6:50 a.m and I'm almost finished packing my cigarettes, shirts, a few shorts, pants, and two black bikinis and I already hear a knock on my door. As usual, I went to unlock it to reveal Alex wearing his casual jacket and pants. "You ready?"

I make some space for him to enter the room before closing the door. "I was close to being ready until you knock on the century-old door."

"Oh, sorry."

"Meh, it's fine just let me go and pack my last pack of cigars and we out, keh?" I hear a faint "A'ight" before I went to my room to actually pack the cigars in and zipping it up and went to the living room. "Le's go."

He smiles and opens the door and takes the keys from my hand and locking it himself. "Thanks, man."

He gives me a thumbs up and before I know it, we are already walking to his black, expensive-looking car. "Nice ride."

"Thanks, uh, give me your bag." He says and I give my bag to him and he opens the trunk then places it inside.
He closes it and says, "Le's ride."

****

After getting in the hotel, I see a few girls that I share class with are actually tryna look cute for Mister Farrel, they say. How desperate can you get?

"A'ight, here's your keycard, Heidi." Alex says and gives me the card. "And I'll be there with the guys, see you tonight, man."

I unlock the door with the card and went inside. Nice, I thought. The room looks neat with all its black curtains, black bed and black carpet. The walls are dark grey with little darker lines. I wish this could be my room 'cause, holy shit.

I start to unpack my shit until I hear a knock on the door. "Coming!"

I make my way to the door and I open it to reveal Farrell with his wrist resting on the door frame. "Hey, little girl."

"What do you want?" I ask.

He looks me up and down as if I'm a stripper who asked him if he wants to go for a quick fuck or not. "You."

I scoff softly, "Well, this bitch don't want you."

I slam the door on his face.

After getting all of my stuff out of the bag, I hear another three knocks on my door and I come rushing to it like a maniac and went to rant as I'm nearing it. "If you won't stop knocking on my door, I'll seriously kill--" I stop my ranting as I open the door to see Alex with a bored expression.

"If you're gonna kill me, I'll help you do it." We stare at each other until he bursts out laughing, leading me to laugh along at his goofiness.

"Shit, sorry, Alex I thought you were someone else." I say after the laughter dies down. "Anyway, what brings you here? Come in." I give him space so he could get in and he smiles before entering.

"There is a beach party starting at 5 PM. Was hoping I could have you come with me?" He smiles again and waits for my answer.

I nod my head. "Yeah, definitely. I was actually gonna go downstairs in a few minutes but yeah I'll go."

His smile increases. "Okay, yeah, great! Um, I'll see you there."

A few minutes later after saying goodbye to Alex, taking a short bath, and smoking on the bed after I change, and I am ready for this beach party.

*****

A/N: Yup, there's Bill Skarsgård as Alex Barnes.

Sorry for the short ass chapter, just needed to satisfy this urge to update and shit. And I'm pretty sure I'm the only one reading this, right?