Chapter 2: A Demon's Mission

400 Years Ago
Weeks After Masaru's Death

"For the past few weeks, it seems Acnologia has caused havoc all under the name of justice he sees it is fit to repay for what the dragons have done...especially to you. You just might be the key however to one day taking him out." A voice spoke up as he stood in front of a beautiful grave covered in flowers around the headstone and ground.

He ordered one of his followers to dig up the grave, August had carried the young girl in his arms. Her body dirty by the dirt she was buried in, the infection that slowly killed her over time causing her great deal of pain was later cured.

"Your majesty we cannot allow Acnologia to realize the body is gone," August says.
"Indeed, that's why we shall place an empty shell inside and bury it in her place." Zeref - The Dark Wizard says.

Another one of his followers done just that making sure everything was in place and somehow getting rid of their sent leaving Masaru's only behind and soon left, good thing they did cause moments after Acnologia returned with more flowers in his hands after his long-some travels and decided to visit his love.

Sadly this man...or well dragon now would no longer realize that his love was taken from her grave and was planned to be used to kill him...it would take over 400 years before he would find out the true reason behind her resurrection.

But first...the tale of how a human became a demon after her death must be told...

Underground of the palace Zeref seemed to reside in where the home town he created was held a couple capsules filled with odd liquid and many bodies floated inside of them, these beings would soon become the demons of the book of Zeref...most of them were set out in hopes of destroying him others would work at his side.

However, one had the sole purpose of being brought back to existence and was also given the immortal life in order to fulfill that mission. To kill Acnologia, how cruel it was for Zeref to use Acnologia's one weakness to kill him. But unknown to Zeref as she was in her slumber recovering from being revived and given the amount needed of strength, magic and many other things her hearing (thanks to her becoming a demon) let her hear everything around her as she slept.

"Once, Lady Masaru awakens we shall send her to search for Acnologia," Zeref says standing before her capsule.
"And what of her mission shall it be?" August asked.
"You may not realize but this fair maiden here is indeed the lost love of Acnologia," Zeref explains.
"I see, so you intend to use her to bring him out and weaken him I assume? However, you must realize that the idea might be flawed." Irene states.
"It won't, her memories have been whipped she'll never remember him again." Zeref smiles.
"If this woman is the key then your plan will indeed work your majesty," August says amazed.
"Indeed it shall, but we must wait until she is complete," Zeref tells.

Right after the three had left the room Masaru's form twitched, her now white eyebrows raised in confusion as her eyes remained closed. Acnologia? Who was that? She was Acnologia's love? But just as these questions filled her mind memories of her past before her 'death' kicked in with fast motions which had her jerk around in her capsule.

Alarms went off as her form continued to twitch, those who worked down in the labs tried to regain control but it was no use she was too powerful for mere machine work as she without meaning too froze all and freed herself. The glass before her shattered to the ground forcing her out as she collapsed to the floor taking her first few breaths of air in her new body.

Running footsteps were heard as Zeref entered again, what he saw was the bare form of the woman he brought back, smirking momentarily before grabbing a blanket and wrapping it around her, hiding his smirk he helped the woman up to her knees.