chapter 1

I met her for the first time. For me, it was like staring at the stars and the moon in a cloudless sky. My heart started to beat and so many thoughts ran in circles in my head. There were butterflies in my stomach. I was trying to come up with the perfect words to describe her. 

Her eyes were hazel, her lips - kissable, her face was the prettiest thing I had seen. In a room full of art, I'd still stare at you.  

She had been through a lot, she was a warrior. I could see it. She was a fighter. I wanted to hug and make her scars go away. I wanted to hug and make her feel safe. Soon, the still moment of the first contact fled, like a scared child, but the chills that had run up and down my body stayed, reminding me of those forgotten feelings. This almost lazy coil of warmth wrapped around my heart, making my breath slow. 

We had a conversation and though it was in a noisy school lawn, she was all I saw and all I heard. Suddenly, I felt my whole world revolving around her. How easy and quick it is for something to change so massively, that your whole existence matters now.  What a plot twist you were. I could finally make you laugh and you could make me blush so hard. Your laugh was the cutest thing ever. You gave me this huge melancholic ache in my heart cause' of how much I was falling for you. She was the definition of kalon. Beauty that was more than skin-deep.