vi

after chan and hyunjin were done cooking, felix took a silver tray, where he putted everything, and headed upstairs.

he did his best to not spill everything while climbing the stairs, then he stood for a few seconds in front of the door of the main chamber —jeongin's.

how was he supposed to knock, while holding a heavy ass tray ? if it hadn't been for jeongin, he wouldn't have cared, and would've probably succeeded in knocking/opening the door ; but he couldn't risk his majesty's lunch.

finally, he sighed, and let go of the tray with one hand, holding it carefully with the other, and knocked. jeongin's soft voice allowed him to enter, and so he did.

"good morning, your majesty." he made a quick reverence, as jeongin shifted. "i brought you lunch. i really hope we did not make you wait too long, hence you were not starving."

jeongin tilted his head on the side, almost not understanding what the boy had said. it's not like he was used to be talked to like that.

"no, no, it's perfectly fine. thank you for bringing me lunch."

felix putted the tray on the one place table, present in the huge room.

"to thank me is not necessary, as i am just doing what i have to."

"hyung, thanking you is still necessary."

"you don't have to call me hyung, just call me felix."

"it'll be felix hyung, then."

felix looked curiously at the young boy, then he smiled. "as you want, your majesty."

"i'm guessing you can't call me just jeongin, right ?"

"right. i could never show such disrespect."

jeongin nodded, then felix excused himself, and left the room. hyunjin was standing there, he looked like he had been waiting for felix to come out.

"lixie !" hyunjin called.

felix jumped, and put a hand on his heart, as he hadn't saw him. "oh my God, jinnie, you scared me !"

"i'm sorry."

"what do you want ?"

hyunjin rose his eyebrows, faking misunderstanding. "hm ? what are you talking about ?"

"oh you don't know ?" felix walked closer to him. "so you weren't waiting in front of the king's room on purpose ?"

"on purpose ? psh, never. i just arrived here, cause i was heading to the room, and i coincidentally saw you."

"hey, jinnie, it's just me. you don't have to hide things. i already know that- uh... i know the thing."

hyunjin sighed. "can i hate myself ?"

"no. i forbid you to hate yourself." felix put a hand around hyunjin's shoulder. "come on, let's go back to the bedroom."

hyunjin nodded. "i feel like i'm a burden here, lixie."

"why ? i swear you're not, jinnie."

hyunjin shrugged. "i don't know... i don't fit here like you. i feel like an outcast, somehow."

"i know why you say that, jinnie, but i promise you, it doesn't mean anything." 

"you know it does, and that's why no one else, beside you, minho hyung and woojin hyung know about it. that's why my mom died, so no one would know it."

"maybe it matters a bit, but not to us. and no one else knows, so stop thinking about it. you lived nineteen years, without t being known. why would anyone know, now ? the mages would never betray someone's secret, and minho and i would never betray you. plus, no one suspect anything, so why do you keep thinking about it ?"

"i don't know... there are times when i feel anxious and out of place. don't worry about it, it's stupid. it'll eventually pass."

"it's not stupid. you have the right to feel like this. and yes, it'll pass, but while you feel like this, express it. don't bottle it up, it'll end up eating at you."

"thank you, lixie."

"no need to thank me, jinjin."

~

y'all i can't believe i disappeared for like two weeks, and came back with this lame chapter :(

i don't know why i can't write —somewhat— correct chapters anymore ugh T^T

also,, this should've been posted earlier, but my wattpad malfunctioned ?? for some reasons ? and then i thought t was posted, so i forgot to actually do it, sigh.

idk, but what's important is that it works again and that the chapter is posted, right ? i guess.

hopefully, the next chapter will be better 😔

thanks for reading.

강보라.