Chapter Two: The Beasts of the Mountain

~* {WARNING} *~

There is a bit of mild cursing, but it's censored. If this still makes you uncomfortable, I apologize for it's only for the story's effect.

(Btw, Picture above is irrelevant to the story. I just thought it looked cool lol)

~*{ || }*~

The bandits began to panic and looked around for the owner of the spear. A few of the bandits in the back began to huddle together, terrified of the unknown spear. The trio was also surprised by the sudden spear's entrance, but Naofumi and Raphtalia tried their best to keep calm and look for the possible opponent.

"Who the h*ll's there!? If ya gonna play peek-a-boo, then go find a child to play with!" a bandit with a large faded scar on his cheek shouted. The other bandits scoffed and laughed, finding comfort with this bandit's statement and began to regain their courage.

"Yeah! We're the greatest bandits the world has ever seen," one chimed. Naofumi let out an aggravated sigh.

Are the only thing these men are capable of comebacks with 70 IQ? Naofumi thought.

"Come fight us like a man!" another shouted, thrusting his sword into the air. Naofumi then realized the spear was a bit odd. The spear was a dull grey with silver decorations of what looked like... Wolves?

All of a sudden, a cloaked figure jumped from the ridge above the group and landed right next to the spear, silencing any sound. The black, hooded cloak hid their figure and the hood cast a shadow covering the figure's face. Even the birds seemed to have stopped their occasional chirps and the breeze even seemed to stay still. As they slowly rose up from their previous crouched position, half of the bandits began to shake while the other half readied their weapons and the one that had spoken out earlier pointed his sword at the figure.

"Tch. You've got a lot of nerve coming here. This is our territory so you better scram," the bandit with the scar said. The figure lifted their head a little bit, so that the shadow wasn't covering their mouth, revealing a bright, teeth-full smirk. Their canines were oddly sharp. The bandits seemed to have caught it and they all shook except for the scarred bandit, who just gritted his teeth in annoyance and aimed his sword at the figure.

"You think this is funny?" the bandit questioned. He raised his sword over his head and charged, yelling like a crazed man. The figure threw off their cloak as the bandit swung down, tearing the cloak into two. He made a growl, turning around before the figure kicked the man in the back of his knee, making him fall onto his knee and catching himself with his hand which held his sword. As he turned around enraged, he stopped as his eyes widened.

"A-a woman?" he questioned, bewildered. 

The girl looked about near the coming age of womanhood, her raven hair that barely passed her jawline tossing around in the breeze. Her eyes shined a bright gold, her pupils seemed to pierce the bandit's soul. She stood tall, her shoulder broad and her slight toned build at 5'9", daunting and intimidating. She wore a dark gray leather breastplate with iron shoulder guards with two smaller duplicates laying underneath the biggest one. The breastplate's patterns were lined with a slight dull gold. Underneath it, she wore a white collared tunic, the sleeves rolled up to her elbows. She wore loose black pants that looked like trousers from the Renaissance. (A/N: Here's a link to what they look like - amazon.com/Ketill-Medieval-Renaissance-Trousers-Cosplay/dp/B07H22PN2T?th=1 [P.S.: Wattpad doesn't like link plug-ins soooooooo guess y'all have to type this in your search bar, sorry T^T]). She wore leather army boots, finishing off her slightly intimidating look. What was also odd about this girl was that she had silver arm guards with intricate designs of a skull with roses around it and the roots curling around the edges of it. She had golden gauntlets with long silver claws attached to her wrist and a rod that fit into the girl's grasp with ease.