The boy, who never talked

He was scared

He was scared. He was so inconceivably scared. The fear trickled down his back in long lanes, pulling down over every cell in his body. It felt like millions of needles pierced deep into his soft skin and stuck right into his spine. The rolling fat, red blood drops drew down with red stripes alongside his spine. Like he was the empty white canvas, who got splattered with colors. Deep, red, beautiful colors. A shudder ran through the boy, and his body shook in fear the thought of him again. He wanted to escape the place so damn much, but he was frozen on the spot. He couldn’t move a single muscle.

His eyes took a quick glance through his surroundings. The darkness swallowed everything and made it hard for him to see anything. The only thing he could see was the endless flashback that continued to appear in his sight. The sickness of a boy’s smile, who never said anything. The smile was too sweet and innocent for the true monster it belonged to. Kenta saw it with his own eyes, and he felt disgusted by it. It was almost a nauseating feeling, but the fear somehow shadowed the feeling. And now Kenta was sitting in a dark alleyway, hiding behind some containers, where he prayed for his life that he wouldn’t be found. 

Kenta took in a deep breath of air, trying to stabilize his breathing. He couldn’t breathe, it was impossible. The thought of how he always had protected the boy against people, who talked bad about his muteness, was overwhelming. No one fully understood why the boy was mute. Instead, they filled the whole community with false rumors and lies about the boy. Kenta fought against these rumors and tried his best to help the mute boy, who seemed to be grateful for the help. Slowly Kenta began taking a liking towards the boy, and they became friends. Best friends actually. Although the mute boy couldn’t really say anything against their friendship, he looked happy. Always with his glorious smile on his lips.

But now Kenta couldn’t see the boy in the same way, as he’d always done. His eyes were filled with fear, and his breath hitched. The never-ending silence was slowly eating him up, leaving the irrational and scaredness to deal with by himself. And with only that, he was as good as dead. He wanted to run away so badly. Flee away from it all.

A cold wind caught up on him in the little place he was hiding and made his slender body shiver, which only had on a white thin shirt and a pair of black jeans. His feet were practically frozen in his sneakers.

The shiver made all the needles move inside him, cutting deeper and splattering more blood onto the canvas. Almost drenched in red now, floating down the sides and crashing against the ground, leaving evidence of the crime scene.

Footsteps, that echoed inside the alleyway, hit Kenta’s hearing and he stiffed. Even more, than he did before. He felt the adrenaline pumping through his veins at an insane pace. It made him completely awake, and a lot more scared of the dark. He couldn’t still see anything, and that made that him even more frightened. He felt blind.

Kenta held his breath, he didn’t dare to breathe, knowing that he would begin to hyperventilate and then be heard. His heart was beating hard against his ribs, and the only thing he heard was his throbbing pulse in his ears. It drove him crazy that he couldn’t hear the footsteps anymore. The sound was gone. Even though he knew that the boy was mute, Kenta still somehow had the idea of that he would say something. Just a simple call of his name. It was like a pure instinct for him to think, that the other boy would do that.