Protective Cousin

"Question No. 1" Daniel begins "What bothers me the most nowadays"

Wanna One is currently guesting on Knowing Brothers for two episodes and they're just starting with the question and answer portion. Daniel was currently standing in front and waiting for some answers from the guys.

"How to surpass Jihoon's jeojang" Heechul replied imitatingJihoon's aegyo "jeojang"

"I will leave the aegyo to Jihoonie" Daniel laughs denying the answer.

"You're scared of losing promotions" Kyunghoon says "Engkkk"

"You're worried about what to eat next after this show" Sangmin wondered "Engkkk"

"You gotta give us a hint because you can worry about a lot of things" Janghoon whined.

"Please give us a hint" Youngchul said as he started to act cutely which made everyone laugh.

Daniel composed himself once again and started to think of how he could tell a hint without giving much away.

"It's about dating"

Upon hearing the word dating, the eyes of Wanna One as well as some of the Knowing brothers cast went as wide as saucers. Heechul started to stand up and he went to shake Daniel's hands while looking at him with a good job expression.

"You're worried about dating?"Soogeun clarified "Are you dating someone right now?"

Daniel nervously laughs "No, no, that's not it"

"KANG DANIEL REVEALS HE IS WORRIED ABOUT GETTING CAUGHT DATING BY FANS" Heechul shouted and started to run around the room.

Danie then proceeds to chase Heechul and hits him with the plastic hammer.

"It's not like that" Daniel explains " The dating thing that I worry is not for me"

"Maybe its for Janghoon and Sangmin" Kyunghoon snorted as he made fun of the divorcees of the classroom.

"You're worried about your sister dating" Daehwi guessed.

"Yah!I don't have a sister" Daniel replied in disbelief "Were bandmates, why don't you know that"

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry" Daehwi apologizes

"But your answer is quite close" Daniel said

Suddenly a lightbulb of information flashed in Heechul's mind as he remembered about a certain SM artist that he is very very close with.

"You're worried about Val dating!" Heechul stated

"Correct"

The rest of Wanna One were kind of aware who Val was. She visited them twice in a concert and they have seen Val hanging around with Daniel during the weekends. However the rest of the cast were unaware of who this Val is.

"Who is Val?" Janghoon wondered

"Val is Daniel's idol cousin. She's from NCT"

"Cousin? You have an idol cousin Daniel?" Kyunghoon asked

"Yes she is my cousin and were pretty pretty close" Daniel confirmed

"Do you know what's funny?" Heechul butted in " Val and Daniel got into a dating scandal because no one really knows that they're cousins. Val called me up and she was laughing so hard because even her members suspected that the rumor was real. She told me that dispatch were so dumb to not realize they share the same last name"

The story cracked up the whole cast. Daniel remembers clearly how Val was laughing when she called him and it came to the point that she was crying while laughing.

 "Why are you worried about your cousin Val dating" Sangmin asked

"While his brothers are not in Korea, they assigned me as the guardian of Val" Daniel explains "Vi is getting so much popularity nowadays due to her beauty and I'm worried that she attracts quite a lot of idols"

"Wahh Daniel is a good brother to Val" Hodong applauds

"He really has a soft spot for his cousin" Ong agrees

"Don't worry I think the NCT members can guard her very well" Janghoon assured " They're like how many? 21? or is it 30 now?"

"Yes I know that they are always protecting her. However I can't help but worry especially when I see so many idols talking about her or publicly flirting with her." Daniel explained further.

"Which idols?" Kyunghoon was curious.

"Ahhh I won't tell but there are some who even asked me if they can date Vi" Daniel replies

"I know that, I know that" Jisung pipes in "We were in inkigayo that day and this certain idol went like congratulations, can I date your cousin"

The whole cast laughs with the reenactment of Jisung and his facial expression.

"Are you allowing Val to date?" Sangmin wondered

"Yeah I mean she is at that age that she should be in a relationship" Daniel admitted "But of course we need to meet them before we approve of their relationship" 

"Plus you need SM Entertainment as well" Heechul added.

"Yeah that too. But I doubt SM will allow her to date since they are so busy nowadays" Daniel says

"Who says a person can't date when they're busy?" Heechul said with a knowing smirk.

Daniel's smile turned really serious all of a sudden "W-what?"

"Maybe I know something that you don't" Heechul cheekily replies back.

"Val is dating someone?" Jinyoung asked as Daniel was currently in shock and just speechless.

"You might wanna get some medical team, it looks like he's gonna have a heart attack" Ong told the cameras while pointing at Daniel.

"Just pulling your leg" Heechul says " Val wouldn't date without telling you"

Daniel placed a hand at his chest and started to tilt his head to the right. He felt relieved because he cannot deal with Val keeping secrets about dating.